TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You won't believe how this F-35 recovers from a forward 360 loop 200 ft above the flight deck after a seemingly uncommanded afterburner engagement while still in vertical trust mode.Wow, fast reflexes, perfect vectored thrust transition to forward flight.

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
Boy, that would give you skid marks at the very least...

·
Registered
13,662 Posts
Ok, now I know I've mentioned in other posts about puking in my helmet, but this one... Yeah, I would've lost all bodily functions! "Perfectly vectored" if you will:p
Amazing, just amazing!

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
It's cool looking but not real.
Although I have neither the time or energy to prove it is real or fake I will say for certain that if fake the attention to detail "the planes shadow on the deck of the ship" is excellent!!!!

Tom

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The $70 million F-35's price tag buys you some exceptional software and vectored flight controls that will re-define what is aerodynamically possible. Currently such maneuvers seem as incredible as the Wright brothers first flights must have appeared to the horse-and-buggy folks a century ago.
The video was sourced from US Navy so if fake it might be disinformation to discourage Russian enthusiasm for their Su-45 under development. I believe it is real.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can 100% for sure tell you it is FAKE. Those images are from a game called "Battlefield 2". I played the game in my single days and recognize everything there including the barely noticeable text above the plane during vertical takeoff (tells you who the pilot is). The game is first person shooter where you can also drive tanks, HMMV's, buggys, boats, fly planes, choppers and a great way to blow hours of time before you realize it. Now I blow my time on honeydo lists. Here's some video of gameplay:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Battlefield 2 game clip does not seem to resemble texture and content of original posted video IMHO. Perhaps a better selected game clip might be more convincing. I remain open- minded and acknowledge that computer generated imagery can be quite convincing. Thanks for the heads-up and sorry if I errantly deceived you folks.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't real. Totally cool video. Thanks Fred for posting it, it was still enjoyable.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was duped. thanks folks for the correction.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the ongoing @$$ chewings that a pilot would receive for trying any stunt during takeoff from a carrier. $173million for the F35 not counting what a fully fueled jet smacking the runway would run in repairs... They'd chew tail so deep that his legs would fall off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts