TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Kawasaki super sherpa 250. I don't evan look at the TW any more. The SS is everything I was trying to modify the TW to be and more, more power, good brakes, good handling, 6 speed trans, etc. It still has the all important low seat hieght light weight and good looks looks like a TW. I don't miss the big tire at all.
Sometimes I can't see the forest through the trees.....

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Thanks for sharing that Greg. I've wondered about that bike myself. Sounds like a good report. What year did you get?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice bike, but the inch-and-a-half taller seat height is a deal breaker for me, unfortunately. What I wouldn't give to be a few inches taller!

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
493 Posts
The sherpa is a good bike. Having said that I have a BMW F800GS and still love the TW.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ya I rode a Sherpa this summer and hate to admit it but it is a much better bike than the TW. Nice long travel suspension, more power, disc brakes on both ends, slightly larger tank with the same MPGs, oh and a 6spd that doesn't need to be regeared for highway, 520 O-ring chain is stock, stainless exhaust, and a tool kit that doesn't require you to remove the seat.... with tools from the tool kit.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Having seen Greg's new to him bike I have to agree it has all the good looks of the TDub minus the fat tires. Now, if you all knew Greg and his abilities like me and Bucknutz do, if he felt the need for the fat tires on the SS it would be a nice winter project in his machine shop. I am also sure there is a lowering link available and pretty sure Greg has it or will as he is also vertically challenged.

Based on his assessment so far I have to trust his judgement. His 95 TW, which is for sale BTW, not only has fat tires but fatter than the stock and I believe a very aggressive Maxis on the rear. Someone here might be able to score a decent deal now that Greg has found a worthy substitute.

GaryL

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2009 I think, like the TWs there all the same. 1300mi. $1250 I think I got it cheap because like the TW it was jetted very poorly from the factory. I jetted it correctly a the thing just cam alive.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I gather the SS is no longer in production. I agree it looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I sold it Gary, to a guy that is taking it home to the isle of Malta. It's on a shipping container as we speak
Glad to hear this Greg, just trying to help a buddy out and was hoping the T dub would remain in the forum family.

GaryL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts