TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Great post Fred, very interesting and cool.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't care what political party you are, that was funny!
Yeah Michael, I agree that a male silverback TWing into the ladies room would just be so wrong.

EDIT: My intent with this was to playfully prove that there are interesting non-political, non-controversial posts that are not 100% Yamaha TW200 themed; that not everything has to be pure motorcycle one the one hand, yet also non-alienating to our wide demo-graph on the other.
I was surprised when the spoof title triggered a knee-jerk censorship reaction. Are we getting a little too thin skinned?
Thanks LT SuperModerator for making title appropriately innocent and thus releasing for our enjoyment.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That was pretty cool. I'd be scared if a gorilla tried to kiss means stick their fingers in my ears. Oh wait....I vaguely remember some booze filled nights in the Corps where that was the goal(fuglies).....:p

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Yeah Michael, I agree that a male silverback TWing into the ladies room would just be so wrong.

EDIT: My intent with this was to playfully prove that there are interesting non-political, non-controversial posts that are not 100% Yamaha TW200 themed; that not everything has to be pure motorcycle one the one hand, yet also non-alienating to our wide demo-graph on the other.
I was surprised when the spoof title triggered a knee-jerk censorship reaction. Are we getting a little too thin skinned?
Thanks LT SuperModerator for making title appropriately innocent and thus releasing for our enjoyment.
I get it Fred. Your post was an analogy of the forum hierarchy. The big silver back was a moderator who allowed the women and children to explore and play all the while prepared to lay a beat down on the first individual to stray to far from what is acceptable. Very coy;)

Tom

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
I get it Fred. Your post was an analogy of the forum hierarchy. The big silver back was a moderator who allowed the women and children to explore and play all the while prepared to lay a beat down on the first individual to stray to far from what is acceptable. Very coy;) Tom
haha. Tom, that is funny!

Now you guys all know that I'm trying to save the Off-Topic area of our forum, right?

I won't be happy either if it gets taken down. I enjoy it and have learned from reading it. I also have made some great friends and gotten to know them somewhat through their opinions.

If it stays up and I don't have to do any moderating, HEY, That's fine with me!! I just want to kick back with all my friends here and shoot the breeze...not do any moderating.

Let's make it work folks, so Neil and the owners don't end up shutting it down. OK?

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as folks have re-interpreted what I thought was just an interesting wildlife moment into an analogy of Forum administration let me expound upon the theme:
Tommy can be our silverback moderator and limit the ear licking while hopefully sitting back and letting us pick lice out of each other's hair without much editing or deleting of content...we just have the responsibility to be good apes. . Magilla Gorilla 1.jpg

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

Fred said "politics", [BEVIS LAUGH] He he, he he, he he he, [/BEVIS LAUGH]

....and speaking of not ripe enough to eat....

I can tell you that if that was me sitting there the odor emanating from my drawers is what would have made that silver back and the rest of the clan want to move on...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts