·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Way way way beyond my budget, but looks very nice.

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine too LT but it is the best and will last a LONG time.
I'm on borrowed time now bro. I'd be better off helping you buy some!! :D

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you going bro?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I went to a BMW rally some years ago where they were demonstrating that they could put on the suit as fast as you could put on a jacket. Very impressive stuff but even back then it was about $800. Too much for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well now, I see the company is based in Duluth, MN and I just happen to have a Duluth trip planned for Sept. 18-20th. I guess I'll be visiting Aerostich soon...

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
" borrowed time" what are you talking about littletommy? you better meet me in the creek.:angel12:
Just a lot of physical challenges bro. If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. :p Thanks for caring though, I appreciate that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've got 2 sets of textile Aerostich jackets and pants, and one of their waxed cotton versions (called the "Falstaff", which I prefer even better) so I'm a believer in both their catalog and their gear, but have to say, I've for the most part moved on to Klime gear.
It's way more expensive then Aerostich stuff, but truly worth it for serious adventure riding. (and snowmobiling)
Just my .02
RicklessS in Oregon

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've got 2 sets of textile Aerostich jackets and pants, and one of their waxed cotton versions (called the "Falstaff", which I prefer even better) so I'm a believer in both their catalog and their gear, but have to say, I've for the most part moved on to Klime gear.
It's way more expensive then Aerostich stuff, but truly worth it for serious adventure riding. (and snowmobiling)
Just my .02
RicklessS in Oregon
If you just compare the base price then Klim seems more expensive, but Klim gear also comes with CE armor included. Once you add in the cost of customizations and armor purchased separately to 'stich gear, the prices are a lot closer together.

I like that Aerostich is made in America and it's definitely quality gear, but high-end Klim gear offers so many more features and at least as good a level of quality in the same price range.

It's good to have choices!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just a lot of physical challenges bro. If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. :p Thanks for caring though, I appreciate that.
I do care Brother. Hope I didn't come across simplistic, I did not know. You're in my thoughts and prayers now. I'll see you in March for sure.!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
LT, I have the 2 piece Roadcrafter suit. It is a great suit and I got it used for $400. It was in "as new" condition when I bought it. The suit also came with all of the armor. For commuting to work, that suit is hard to beat, but for long trips and off-road riding I like my BMW Rallye 3 suit. The Rallye 3 suit I also bought used for 1/3 of the price and the jacket still had the tags on it!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I love mine. Wish I would have bought one decades ago... Probably would have kept a lot of the bikes I traded off because I wasn't riding them enough due to cold or wet weather. A couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to win an award at work for about $1,000 bucks so I finally broke down and bought one.

With the suit I ride all the way down to mid thirties, wearing a sweat shirt and a polar fleece underneath. Just a sweatshirt is good down to the high fifties or so. Mid thirties is as low as I go since frosty road is treacherous. I ride in the rain sometimes for about 30 minutes and have never got wet. I feel like if I put the tw down I wouldn't be capable of going fast enough to get hurt much with the suit on.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just checked this thread out, that suit is NICE!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts