TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out here.

I was out riding today...and there, on the main drag, chained to a lamp pole, was an old Suzuki dual-sport. Clean; well-cared for. FOR SALE sign on it...price $900.

I didn't have the time to read the fine print or check the year...it was a 125 IIRC...maybe, a 150.

What might it have been? It was street legal and had turn signals. I'd guess, circa 1980. For some reason I'm thinking of going back and offering the owner half that...

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
All you people on here that just keep buying bike after bike need to get some serious help!!!!!!

Loading all that weight in the back of the truck by yourself is hard on the body!;)

Tom

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did it have fat tires ?
Regular dirt-trail tires. Which, after eyeballing my TW all the time, look so pathetically small.

I'm gonna try to roll by there again today, see if it's still out there. Might have just been set out over the weekend.

Nothing on CL about it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All you people on here that just keep buying bike after bike need to get some serious help!!!!!!

Loading all that weight in the back of the truck by yourself is hard on the body!;)

Tom
Naw.

I've got a plan of therapy. Like a twelve-step, only it's just three steps.

ONE: Find canteen for a long summer walk.

TWO: Start walking.

THREE: Five miles later, hope the thing starts and the cops don't check my illegally-hanged plate.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope. It was out today, also - and I stopped to look.

Should have written the model down - S-something 125

Tag on the frame head says 1982.

I didn't take notes because on close inspection it's been put through the ringer. Dropped hard on the left side - the headlight switch is cracked and pieces missing. Turn signals, left side, front and rear, missing. It's low mileage; 2200 miles; and it hasn't been stored outdoors; but I don't know where you'd get switch parts. Or what kind of shape the engine will be after sitting around for decades.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Girlfriend had a GN125. Super cheap parts all over ebay. I got a new carb, chain, both sprockets, 2 mirrors for well under a 100 bucks :)

SP125?

·
Registered
789 Posts
My guess would be SP 125 if 4 stroke. Two stroke would be TS, I think. Beware of real old Suzuki
two strokes. Many would block off the oil injection system and run premix. Great on Yamahas and Kawasakis
but on some old Suzuki's you ended up not oiling one of the crank bearings.......takes awhile to discover
the damage. Ugly.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's an SP. I just checked Bing Images.

I'm gonna have to pass. It needs a workshop, plus a bulging wallet.

And in the end, it's only a 125. Betcha the TW is more fuel-efficient.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Holy crap Rob, that thing's going to be fuckin bitchin when it's done. I always admire you guys who get so detail oriented with the cosmetics of a restoration. I think I'd find it hard to not just fix the mechanicals and slap it back together looking like shit lol.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So...just for amusement...what would a 1982 SP125 be really worth?

Damage from being dropped. Tank dented; rear turn signals and handlebar light switch, busted up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts