TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, both bikes have been in the shop away from their nest mates in the garage. As some remember, the DRZ was bought this fall with very few miles on the clock, 1600 if I remember right. (Montezuma Nick rode all the way to north of Milwaukee with me to get it) Initially I put the Happy Trail pannier racks on it and just used the Happy Trail panniers that rotate between the Triumph Scrambler and the TW. Those boxes are back on the TW.

However, the DRZ is being built as a potential RTW bike and therefore has been undergoing surgery. Today she was rolled into post op so the KLR can be rolled under the knife so to speak. The DRZ has many modifications, but the most noticeable will be the CR High bars, Baja Worx Dakar shield, the vastly larger gas tank and the amazingly nice Holan Nomada Pro panniers that were shipped from Poland. I'm well pleased with the results. It was purchased with the Fisher seat, which is absolutely fantastic.

The KLR will be receiving some nice little bits too, to make it more serviceable as my designated long haul bike where not much serious off roading is expected. As it sits right now, it has the Jessie panniers and racks, SW Motech nerf bars, HTP center stand and a Clearview Shield. It will be receiving in addition (the Clearview is coming off...I don't like it) a full KLR Dash setup and Zero Gravity Double Bubble shield, an SW Motech heavy duty skid plate, SW Motech rear rack plate and locking Rotopax tower, SW mirror extenders, Giant Loop Fandango Pro tank bag, digital volt meter, SW center stand grab handle, JNS rear master cylinder guard, JNS front fender brace, and some other stuff I've got stacked around out there.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the 4 gallon IMS. I took advantage of Pro Cycle's free shipping. My original plan was to get the Clarke, but research said the IMS offered better radiator /fan protection. Fitment was perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm posting this KLR Dash video in part because I'm installing one, although mine will look different since I'm using a different shield.

But mostly I'm posting it because there has been talk of Zion recently on here, and the opening scenery as well as much of the scenery throughout the entire video is from the Zion area in Utah. Beautiful isn't it?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

The plan is to get the GPS and the Smart phone mounted up there. I also installed the KLR Dash lower dash after the picture was taken. It is pre-drilled for two flush mount sockets, I'm mounting a marine 12v and a dual USB. There are two additional 1/2" holes but I'm unsure what I will use them for if anything since I don't plan to mount any auxiliary lights...my goal being to avoid night riding if at all possible.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really like that KLR Dash !:icon_thumright:

Even though you intend to do as little of night riding as possible, what about mounting some aux. lighting that serves as a emergency flashing strobe....directed forward....i.e., the Lightning Strike lights, so that when oncoming cars or approaching vehicles at intersections tend to say, "I didn't see the motorcycle", you can hit one thumb button on the left handlebar, and it strobe flashes these aux lights, and gets the drivers attention ?????

These aux strobe lights can be very small, and not intrusive to the bikes' appearance. But when they strobe flash, they are very noticeable.
What? Give me a good idea designed to promote my safety and don't provide links to the product? For the best price of course. And no detailed instructions. Sheeze.

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
....and a similar thumb switch on the right for the Nitrous. Instant on...instant gone.

Seriously both bikes are looking mighty well equipped for the intended adventures. Now if you don't mind corrupting them with some cheap equipment cruise amazon or e-bay for numerous LED CREE lights options. I would recogment the 18 watt or greater range. Wire in your own strobe circuit like this:iJDMTOY (2) 12V 48W High Capacity Strobe Flashing Wiring Module Boxes for LED Bulbs, LED Strips, Tail/Brake Lights...inline with a simple handlebar mounted switch, I would get myself a on/off rocker thinking once switched on my mind and hand are free to do other things to manage the situation at hand.
Or just stick a bunch of these on that fancy fairing triggered by some form of handlebar switch, or brake actuation. Xprite Amber Yellow 4 LED 4 Watt Emergency Vehicle Waterproof Surface Mount Deck Dash Grille Strobe Light Warning Police Light Head with Clear Lens

There are lots of adjustable strobe LED options. If you get something simple pay attention to bomb-proof waterproofing and electrical connections.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Makes me wish I would have kept one of my XR400s. ....but then remember that I couldn't really (safely) use the power like I used to, how damn tall they were, how heavy they got, .....

Power was nice...

Stop it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts