TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
@Workingman

Well, I'm of those who think that you get what you pay for 馃槃. No great expectations here for this gadget. But if I don't blow anything on the bike with this mod it will have been a fun experiment.

The best part of this is that no wiring was cut. Anytime I wish I get everything back to original.
The works been done ! If it lasts a year and you want to replace it with another it won't take long...
Good luck
Mike

Registered
Congratulations! You figured it out despite the ever so self explanatory wiring diagram.:)

I thought the thing did have redundant 12v power in and ground wires after doing similar auto installations in my youth...back when you could put a variable resister potentiometer inline with the dedicated lighting lead to dim incandescent illumination. We tied directly into distributor to pick up the low voltage coil collapsing trigger signal then selected number of cylinders to calibrate.
Well done and really like you "RIDES HER OWN" key fob.
Now back to the snowblower?:cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
8000 RPM at 90 km/h (56 mi/h). Makes sense?

idle at 2000 RPM

I gotta find a chart with RPM specs for my machine...

Reactions: Ken and SEADUB200

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Coming back for an update.

The little thing still works, but I have neglected one detail and I'll have to see to that.

The seal. Not only does the wire exit hole need to be sealed, but the front glass and cover too.

The hand bounces all over the place when the wind is at the "right" angle and speed for it.

But the tach still works, 2000kms after install ;)

Registered
A thin bead of RTV Silicone might seal the tac from wind and water from around the bezel and glass as well plug up the wire exit hole. If done when warm and dry little chance of trapping potentially corrosive moisture inside.
It looks good and is more informative at a glance than the $10 digital display tachometers. Now if only our machines would rev higher for a full 13,000 sweep of the needle.:cool:

Registered
TrailwayGirl
Now that you have had it for awhile
Is your Amazon tachometer still functional .
How do you like it ?
mike from NC

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
TrailwayGirl
Now that you have had it for awhile
Is your Amazon tachometer still functional .
How do you like it ?
mike from NC
The hand still bounces at times. I think I killed it. So reliability is not there but I blame it on me not sealing the thing in time. I did it too late.

The connection was loose on the coil too (cheap Amazon connector kit) but that was corrected and it did not stabilize the hand either.

I bought another one (20$ risk hey) and keep the install of it for a Winter project. I'll seal it perfectly before install this time. To be continued ;-)

Registered
Like everyone else you will junk this junk part that serves no purpose but lights up nice until a good crash. Shift when the mirrors vibrate. A fun job for a dead afternoon. Taking it off feels just as good

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I sure do like the looks of it and don't need it for shifting. I like to have an rpm reading just for the science of it. And there's room for it as of now.

Obviously you get what you pay for so... But since rpm is no genuine priority now, I wouldn't pay what quality is worth at this time.

Not ready to ditch the thing yet.

It makes me smile when I ride in the dark. I like it 馃檪.

Registered
I sure do like the looks of it and don't need it for shifting. I like to have an rpm reading just for the science of it. And there's room for it as of now.

Obviously you get what you pay for so... But since rpm is no genuine priority now, I wouldn't pay what quality is worth at this time.

Not ready to ditch the thing yet.

It makes me smile when I ride in the dark. I like it 馃檪.
For some reason a nice tachometer always gives me
A nice warm fuzzy feeling... To each his/her own...
Mike from NC

21 - 30 of 30 Posts