1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Impossible

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'd just ride it for 500 miles under varying loads and speeds. I run Yamalube but I'd follow whatever the manual recommends.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Great looking bike Smiley !!

Reactions: Ken and flatgrind

·
Registered
281 Posts
Quick, ask me what the best front tire is.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I was just joking, as there has been so much discussion on those contentious topics already!
Just hold it wide open in first gear while going down hill. If you make it to the bottom, turn around and go back up in 5th while lugging it to the point of choking it down. Do this continuously for 4 hours. Flip it upside down and let it cool off. Let the oil drain out through the carburetor and into the air filter. Remove the oil drain plug and fill it all the way up until it runs out around the hole. Flip the bike back on the wheels. Your bike will be completely broken.
DO NOT DO THE ABOVE! TOTALLY KIDDING! Break it in however you decide. I did the hard break-in. Mine runs great and will do 70mph with me and my wife on board.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just hold it wide open in first gear while going down hill. If you make it to the bottom, turn around and go back up in 5th while lugging it to the point of choking it down. Do this continuously for 4 hours. Flip it upside down and let it cool off. Let the oil drain out through the carburetor and into the air filter. Remove the oil drain plug and fill it all the way up until it runs out around the hole. Flip the bike back on the wheels. Your bike will be completely broken.
😂 sounds like a great plan. Then I'll store it in the back yard until next year with a half-tank of E15.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
C'mon now.....you only bought your TW to match your shoes didn't 'ya!?!
maybe flatgrind can find a nice grey boot to match those new balance sneakers.

welcome to the mad house flatgrind, lots of fine, helpful folks here

Reactions: flatgrind

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
You do have extra money for farkles? Because if you don't then whats the point? Just Kidding enjoy that shinny new bike.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts