TW200 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Never realized how much the 2020 year color blends into asphalt until just now with your photo. It's like urban camo!
I'm not so sure blending in with the road is such a good thing..?
..mike from NC

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome
Enjoy the forum and the new ride..
Quick buy farkles. Buy farkles now!!!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Third break-in ride. 79.6 miles on the odometer.
Screw in the rear tire!
Flat.
Is that some kind of record for a new bike?!
It is for me!
Time for the rear trailer wheel conversion ...maybe ?
That's a heck of a tire to fix in the middle of nowhere..
It would be much easier to just stick in a tire plug...
Just a thought....
Mike from NC

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
13,914 Posts
Time for the rear trailer wheel conversion ...maybe ?
That's a heck of a tire to fix in the middle of nowhere..
It would be much easier to just stick in a tire plug...
Just a thought....
Mike from NC
My wife's TW has the trailer tire conversion. As you mention, tire repair is so so easy just using a plug. No need to even remove the wheel off the TW.
However, I have had to fix the flat on a stock OEM rear tire out on the trail. It can be done, especially if you use the correct stick from the ground to hold up the TW when the tire is removed for intertube patch repair. :D
Thankfully, and because of bad experiences, I carry a patch kit, lightweight tire spoons and bicycle hand pump in my pack.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm not ready for the trailer tire conversion yet. I live in the city, so a good bit of riding will be street. Since the bike is so new, I haven't put Ride-On in the tubes yet, and I'm still putting together a tool kit, so I didn't have tools on hand. For break-in I've just been riding the streets near my house. Luckily, I got home before the tire lost all it's air, so I must have picked up the screw somewhere very near by. At the end of the ride, I heard a tapping, which at first I thought was an engine noise. Turns out it was probably the head of this thing tapping on the concrete as the tire revolved. As you can see it is the same height as the top of the knobbies. I guess I'm about to find out how easy it is to get this tire off the rim.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm not ready for the trailer tire conversion yet. I live in the city, so a good bit of riding will be street. Since the bike is so new, I haven't put Ride-On in the tubes yet, and I'm still putting together a tool kit, so I didn't have tools on hand. For break-in I've just been riding the streets near my house. Luckily, I got home before the tire lost all it's air, so I must have picked up the screw somewhere very near by. At the end of the ride, I heard a tapping, which at first I thought was an engine noise. Turns out it was probably the head of this thing tapping on the concrete as the tire revolved. As you can see it is the same height as the top of the knobbies. I guess I'm about to find out how easy it is to get this tire off the rim.

View attachment 208084
Being so new the beads should break fairly easy
Mike from NC

·
Registered
299 Posts
My wife's TW has the trailer tire conversion. As you mention, tire repair is so so easy just using a plug. No need to even remove the wheel off the TW.
However, I have had to fix the flat on a stock OEM rear tire out on the trail. It can be done, especially if you use the correct stick from the ground to hold up the TW when the tire is removed for intertube patch repair. :D
Thankfully, and because of bad experiences, I carry a patch kit, lightweight tire spoons and bicycle hand pump in my pack.
View attachment 208081

View attachment 208082

View attachment 208083
I am building a TW225 six speed and am sealing up the spokes so I can run it tubeless. I never did like tubes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Patched it up this afternoon. I was dreading it, but it wasn't nearly as difficult as I feared. I was able to patch the tube without removing the wheel.

The hole in the tube was quite small, so I'm guessing that Ride-On would have successfully sealed it, if I had been running some in the tube. Will be adding some ASAP.

The Motion Pro BeadPro tire irons made breaking the bead easy.
Getting the tire back on the wheel was the hardest part!

Pumped it back up, waited an hour, then rode 20 miles. I'll check it again in the morning, and hope that my patch holds.

This gave me great confidence that I can do this on the trail if necessary with the small BeadPro levers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
View attachment 208081

View attachment 208082

View attachment 208083
You guy's have some pretty fancy trails out that way..Non of our single tracks have picnic tables and pavilions

Reactions: admiral

·
Super Moderator
18,169 Posts
Patched it up this afternoon. I was dreading it, but it wasn't nearly as difficult as I feared. I was able to patch the tube without removing the wheel.

The hole in the tube was quite small, so I'm guessing that Ride-On would have successfully sealed it, if I had been running some in the tube. Will be adding some ASAP.

The Motion Pro BeadPro tire irons made breaking the bead easy.
Getting the tire back on the wheel was the hardest part!

View attachment 208094 View attachment 208095

Pumped it back up, waited an hour, then rode 20 miles. I'll check it again in the morning, and hope that my patch holds.

This gave me great confidence that I can do this on the trail if necessary with the small BeadPro levers.
Nice pictures and write up bro. (y)

Reactions: flatgrind
21 - 32 of 32 Posts