TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And talking about towing Gina PPE had her chain brake on her way to a presentation today and had to get towed to a MC shop.

Reactions: TWilight and SanDue

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Glad it wasn't a jam up for her and she was able to get a tow and get back on the road. A lot of people are unfamiliar with the safe and releasable ways to tow a motorcycle, such as the peg wrap and the bar wrap.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shared the photo on Facebook with HOOT of PPE bike on a flat bed tow truck but he had vanished.
I will post it in a few hours when I get home.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Oh, you mean a TOW. Wow, I've never had to do that before. I've strap towed a couple times, mainly because I didn't like where I was at for the planned repair. Then again, when I tend to need that stuff, I'm no where near a facility with a tow truck and I don't have cell service.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If I was going to do the bar rap I would tie my bar with the ''getaway '' knot , its hard to explain but the rope dont wrap around the bar
if towing goes south you pull the tag end and the rope comes off your bar ,no wrap around like other knots.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Rick the SuperHunky (yeah, I know, corny, but anybody who rode dirt bikes in the late 60's and early 70's knows who he is) does a decent job of explaining the bar tow here.

Rick Sieman: SuperHunky.com

The peg to peg tow, which I prefer is similar and you simply stand on the wrap and lift your foot to release.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: SanDue and Fred

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gina's post. Thank you DE Yamaha for saving the day! I just might make it in time for my 2pm presentation. 12039416_10204670334670205_1178962359360721799_n.jpg

Reactions: TWilight and SanDue

·
Registered
54 Posts
It called the highwaysmen hitch,or there is the tumble hitch,either one unwraps itself with no rope
wrapped around your bar,when you pull the tag the only rope is in your hand.good for pulling boats too.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She made it. 12063601_870257733023851_3424365608152026979_n.jpg

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know! Was the chain that stranded GinaMarie a stock roller chain? Did she at least put a good O or X ring chain on the bike this time and did she follow the wisdom of Lizrdbrth and put new sprockets on with the new chain?

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
20,391 Posts
Nice one Top, maybe that should be in Borneo's Vintage Motorcycle Camping thread too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts