1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... my next generation of future tdubber
1.jpg
his first ride on his new-to-him ttr90.

looking forward to it drying out so we can go for a real ride!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Great times ahead for the both of you.....he will likely follow you around for some years then when he is about 13-14 he will go by and you will never be able to keep up …

Hey.... the good news is that when he is about 45 he might want to go for a ride with you on a old man's bike .......:)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First there was Joeband,

then there was Joedad,

and now there is Joekid :D.

Congrats on the new bike and this new chapter in your family. What mods do you have planned for that TTR, maybe a TTR125 engine and a fatter rear tire?

Have fun,

Brian
joeband, joedad and joekid are excited... joemama thought it was pretty cool too

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
So Joe, how long to properly teach him good riding skills so he can come out and get properly corrupted by us NorCal Nutjobs?
Bikerjosh may be back before too long also. Perhaps an easy off-road play day celebrating both new and old can be planned for this spring or summer.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wouldn't that be a fun ride!

chip: i started on a z50 too. that same bike today would go for more than my tdub.... i think we sold it for $100.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
He looks more like a future WR250 guy than a future TDub guy.
Did you get other protective gear for him? Those TTR's a fast little suckers.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we got the full assortment of gear with the bike, this was just a test run. when we go for a real ride he'll be decked out.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
That brings a lot of us old geezers back to those days when we were made of rubber and had Evel Keneval as our hero. My first mini bike had a governor on it and the very first thing I had to figure out was how to get that sucker off. One of my favorite sit com shows was Tool Time with Tim Allen because his thing was always "More Power" and wow did I resemble that. What is it about us guys if a bike has a speedometer on it we just have to see if we can pin the needle. My dad sat back and watched but my mom knew the deal with the male testosterone and dare devil BS we had in us, she was right.
Teach him good Joe and keep the gear on him for as long as you can. As soon as I got out of the yard and out of sight on my minibike I had a paper clip in my pocket and put it on to bypass that governor.

GaryL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts