TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Are you retiring ??? Retirement can be a wonderful time, if you have sufficient health, sufficient wealth, energy and curiosity....it is your time to indulge yourself without so much guilt.... Congratulations...

My first boss told me that " the same people that loved work will love retirement.....and unfortunately the reverse is also true ".

I had to quit golf after I retired because I didn't have enough time to be any good at it.

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you retiring ??? Retirement can be a wonderful time, if you have sufficient health, sufficient wealth, energy and curiosity....it is your time to indulge yourself without so much guilt.... Congratulations...

My first boss told me that " the same people that loved work will love retirement.....and unfortunately the reverse is also true ".

I had to quit golf after I retired because I didn't have enough time to be any good at it.
Yes to all of those things you stated. Except the golf thing. Never really got into pasture pool. Funny, the new Admiral's Global Fleet Headquarters is located very close to a golf course. It looks pretty! :p

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today also is my last day. Everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do. If there is not enough on my list I am shure the wife will add to it.
When they ask you what you're going to be doing, tell them you can now devote most of your time to your love of painting (not the house) and writing poetry which you do dearly love. I think that might silence them!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have found that my admiration for the backcountry has become a obsession..... and I am in the backcountry every day, except when the wind is greater than 35 mph.

My doctor told me that the best thing you can do for your body and soul is to hike on uneven ground....it isn't calculus but it makes the mind work and can even reverse cognitive decline ….

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Good for you, congrats.
What is that red vehicle?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congratulations!! Feels great. The Dailey doings are pretty much yours . Wonderful to fill your day with stuff YOU want to work at...or not. Especially with your new place to get all set up.
Iam here gritting my teeth. Should be able to head for quartzite as planned next week. But still waiting for my pension stuff and health care to process. Would be a pain to deal with on the road. Oh well, plenty of projects at home to stay more than busy.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Congrats Boys...you're gonna love it!

I've been retired for 10 years.

A few thoughts:
Retirement is great! It just doesn't pay worth a shit...
I don't know how I ever had time for a job?
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.
And whatever you do...don't fail retirement.

Lovin' every minute of it!
Dave

1 - 20 of 58 Posts