TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
181 - 200 of 213 Posts

· Registered
6,348 Posts
I have a hunch the trophy was presented to Qwerty. It was strapped to his invisible 200hp TW and promptly transported to the future. It has been said that the trophy will be visible somewhere in the background of the press release photo for the 2022 fuel injected TW300.

Tom

· Registered
3,744 Posts
well... the skeptic in me is starting to worry... the reward is still active and valid for another 19 days... but just to be safe i've proactively taken things into my own hands:

· Registered
3,744 Posts
Well my forum friends... here we find ourselves at the last day of february and the TwTTA has been located! it's current owner will reveal themself at the appropriate time... HOWEVER...

the NEW award, the Little TwTTA needs an Inaugural Winner... to be revealed soon!

· Registered
23,854 Posts
Thank you Joe for your efforts in reviving a tradition.
Wherever the trophy goes the sad reminder is it has been too long since any gathering of you fine Nor-Cal TW riders.

Know your public access to quality dirt riding is limited but there should still be fun to be had on twisty backroads in the coastal ranges, roads oftentoo tight, steep and twisty for the sportbike, sports car and weekend picnic crowds...places relatively safe for a group of clowns peg dragging at 25 mph with occasional straight away bursts to 45 mph. Bet elime might know the way to Little Chicken Hollow. Or Alpine Road down to Pescadero , Butano Park & Gazos Creek for a taste of some dirt. Or race to the observatory on Mt. Hamilton and down the other side. Or...

· Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Thank you Joe for your efforts in reviving a tradition.
Wherever the trophy goes the sad reminder is it has been too long since any gathering of you fine Nor-Cal TW riders.

Know your public access to quality dirt riding is limited but there should still be fun to be had on twisty backroads in the coastal ranges, roads oftentoo tight, steep and twisty for the sportbike, sports car and weekend picnic crowds...places relatively safe for a group of clowns peg dragging at 25 mph with occasional straight away bursts to 45 mph. Bet elime might know the way to Little Chicken Hollow. Or Alpine Road down to Pescadero , Butano Park & Gazos Creek for a taste of some dirt. Or race to the observatory on Mt. Hamilton and down the other side. Or...
Rock Creek opened today after a rain and snow closure. Temps in the Georgetown area are predicted to be 65 by Friday, the 5th coming up.

As of 7 AM on 2/28/2021, snow has melted from the Bald Mountain Staging Area. The East Snow Closure Zone of the Rock Creek Trails is now open to OHVs, bicycles and equestrians with the exception of the Southern Deer Winter Range Seasonal Closure area. The Southern Deer Winter Range Seasonal Closure Area will remain closed to vehicles including bicycles until May 2.

Please pass this information to your contacts and organizations. We appreciate your cooperation. Weather conditions can change quickly, please call (530) 334-6477 for the latest information on the Rock Creek Trails.

· Registered
23,854 Posts

· Premium Member
5,022 Posts
That's funny! The Rock Creek OHV area is a very popular riding area. All of the El Dorado National Forest is closed from October until late spring because the USFS is too lazy to manage the dirt roads during what is the traditional rainy season, so they just close it all. All except this riding area. That they have a policy on when it's closed for wet/snow, air quality and seasonal for red vs green sticker ohv. Luckily, the TW200 is plated and can ride the trails regardless of red closure. See why I camo me and the bike? Even when open, if spotted, they harass riders until they find an excuse. Best thing to do when confronted by one is say nothing, including that you refuse to say nothing. They realize you have their number and soon leave if they couldn't find anything to pin on you. Or if they can't see you to begin with. I've successfully hidden in plain sight just feet from them undiscovered. No even behind a tree, rock or brush. Just laid the bike down, lay next to bike and watch them try to find a silloute of bike and rider. Ha!

· Registered
3,744 Posts

This a quality piece gentlemen, solid wood, real metal rider and bike, a trophy the winner will be proud to custodial for a while!

.... more details forthcoming.

· Registered
2,008 Posts
I like the wood! So whoever receives this Great Honor can forever wood-burn their name into it, maybe? That way the Trophy can tell its own tale...

· Registered
23,854 Posts
Awesome Joe, but where are the Bungee hooks for affixing the trophy to the recipient's TW?
Nice man cave too.

· Registered
3,744 Posts
it's not rollie free but, ideas, ideas! maybe a few eye bolts?

damn it, IDK why i spaced it before, but my flag is flying the wrong way... stars on the left. duh.

· Super Moderator
14,356 Posts
And the Trophy Surfaces.
I'm not sure of the exact circumstances which led the Traveling Lizrd Award Trophy to be in Joemama's possession but today he was able to present the award during a group ride albeit a small group ride. And now the trophy will continue on its journey!

Here is Joemama is awarding it to a worthy recipient Oldworld124. Oldworld124 has been getting a bunch of us together for rides (getting us off the couch) for the better part of a year now. Today he not only organized the ride he also led it and did a fine job. Congratulation Oldworld124 (John).

· Registered
2,008 Posts
From what I have seen in what I would my "short" time here - this is VERY well deserved! Congratulations Oldworld124! Into Glory, Ride...

181 - 200 of 213 Posts