TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
161 - 180 of 213 Posts

· Registered
3,744 Posts
Well, as the inaugural winner of the TW Traveling Trophy, i think i should step up and provide the replacement, should the original beauty fail to show up.

i hereby proclaim the month of february be the TW Traveling Trophy Turn Up Month... should, by the 28th of this month, this priceless artifact still be MIA i will, by the powers vested in me, proclaim a successor trophy be named and rewarded to a worthy member.

until then, a REWARD is being posted for the original TW Traveling Trophy: For the finder or provider of information leading the the recovery and restarting of this wonderful tradition: Postage for said trophy to the next recipient and $$ for a box of donuts in little tommy's name.

ok gents: 28 days and ticking.

joe band
TTTC founding member #1

· Registered
98 FLHTC...04TW...04TW
234 Posts
Well, as the inaugural winner of the TW Traveling Trophy, i think i should step up and provide the replacement, should the original beauty fail to show up.

i hereby proclaim the month of february be the TW Traveling Trophy Turn Up Month... should, by the 28th of this month, this priceless artifact still be MIA i will, by the powers vested in me, proclaim a successor trophy be named and rewarded to a worthy member.

until then, a REWARD is being posted for the original TW Traveling Trophy: For the finder or provider of information leading the the recovery and restarting of this wonderful tradition: Postage for said trophy to the next recipient and $$ for a box of donuts in little tommy's name.

ok gents: 28 days and ticking.

joe band
TTTC founding member #1
Joe- I remember that day. Everyone was so proud it was you. I think you should switch your Avatar to the photo of you holding the trophy until it is located. Great photo.

· Registered
1,277 Posts
Is the last known recipient banned for life - or at least until it is returned? or does that just mean that all forum members have 27 days to make the million TW march/ride to; and take over the block on; which he lives - like un-named others were allowed to do on the other coast.

We want the TW TTAoD
We want the TW TTAoD

If you're not with us - you're against us!

You may have larger motors;
more horsepower,
torque,
and ground clearance -

But we have a fat rear tire,
and low seat height!

Remember: The Tortoise and The Hare!!!

· Registered
3,744 Posts
Joe- I think you should switch your avatar to your acceptance photo until the trophy is found. Everyone was proud of you being the first recipient. I remember that day.
too funny! uh maybe not, but here's a group shot that day. note the visible trophy on the table.

· Registered
3,744 Posts
Joe- I think you should switch your avatar to your acceptance photo until the trophy is found. Everyone was proud of you being the first recipient. I remember that day.
Ok Bill,

I took your suggestion to heart... and showing maximum effort, turned up to 11 and with more cowbell, i've changed my avatar to a photo of the most glorious day i was proclaimed, by his holeyness TW Brian, the Inaugural Winner of TTTAoD.

maybe such motivation will jar the musty minds of those in the know: where, o'where, has the trophy gone?

26 days left to claim the reward!

ride on!

· Registered
Pleasanton, CA
6,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Hey Joe,

Thanks for providing the incentive and a reward for locating and resurrecting this award. My guess is that LittleTommy is hot on the trail for the donuts, oops I mean the trophy.

Since today is Groundhog Day, it would be fitting day for this trophy to re-surface and see the light of day after such a long period of hibernation.

Brian

p.s. Joe, you are too modest and your avatar pic is too small to properly show the enthusiasm with which you accepted this inaugural honor on that memorable day .

Also, beware of fakes and imposters seeking to claim the reward. This is the real deal.

Seeing that pair of winged creatures again, I now better understand why you have lovingly referred to this trophy as an "Albatross".

· Registered
3,744 Posts
Err... Gee, thanks Wally, I guess.

· Registered
23,856 Posts
Joe had the original trophy that disappeared after going to England so no worries about "tag backs" with that one.
However maybe we should send the replacement trophy to Joe anyways, just for nostalgia and to make him groan again.

· Administrator
7,032 Posts
Don't look at me - I traveled 9000 miles and all I got was a mouth full of sand ........

(Edited to add, plus a rather nice hat and a box of donuts) .....

· Registered
725 Posts
Now shut the front door! Let me see if I understand this. You reward a member with an award and then he gives it away. The member is left with nothing but a sweet memory. That's a good thing. But, since we're bikers, a tattoo would be more appropriate. There would be several things to considered like size, color, design and location. The deserving participate could take a photo to show the rest of us their good fortune. This award winner would choose the next recipient, and so on. We could use Littletommy as a practice canvas and after a few practice tattoos we decide not to go this direction, then you could create another traveling trophy. Dirts a Flyen SanDue🙄😀

· Administrator
7,032 Posts
Should we consider a brand instead ? - exact location on the body to be decided at the time ........

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Hi guys, I have not been very active on the forum lately and just now got caught up on this thread. Detective Joe Mama has a great clue of the whereabouts of the trophy. It is my belief that the missing trophy will be flushed out when we reestablish the group rides. My suggestion is to get busy and organize several rides across TW land and flush that baby out.

· Registered
3,744 Posts
well if the detective or the suspects want to claim the reward the trophy needs to be shown to be alive... post a pic next to the current day's paper.

det joe mama, good to see you made it up for air.

161 - 180 of 213 Posts