·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: DonBenito

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I put a sign in the lunch room at work hoping other drivers would be more aware Monday than usual :(
Too many accidents around here last time.
ride to work.jpg

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
I have never heard of this before but being only the 3rd Annual that's not surprising. Especially here in Idaho were we still get the news via pony express or carrier pigeon.

What I'd like to know is how is the success of this to be measured. I didn't see any kind of sign up on their website. I haven't seen any advertising of this in our local media. I am going to send an email to our safety to see if they have heard of this as they put out messages and post signs for motorcycle awareness.

Anything else we should or could do besides ride our motorbikes to work on Monday?

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Anything else we should or could do besides ride our motorbikes to work on Monday?
I think i'll fax this to the news release numbers for the local papers and radio stations.

p.s. In today's day and age that mail should at least be delivered by TW ! ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never heard of this before but being only the 3rd Annual that's not surprising. Especially here in Idaho were we still get the news via pony express or carrier pigeon.

What I'd like to know is how is the success of this to be measured. I didn't see any kind of sign up on their website. I haven't seen any advertising of this in our local media. I am going to send an email to our safety to see if they have heard of this as they put out messages and post signs for motorcycle awareness.

Get a donut on the way!! :p

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Work?

What the Hell is that???

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Kris, this year is not the 3rd annual of this Ride to Work event. This has been going on for a LONG time....like...decades.

The sticker you see above says it is the 3rd Monday in June...and by placement of the wording, it uses the word...Annual...above the 3rd Monday in June.

The sticker is not very well articulated, and easily confused.

This event originated by the owner of Aerostich...Rider Wearhouse....his name is Andy Goldfine.
3rd or more, either way, I've never heard of a "ride-to-work day" except for bicycles. I suppose if I go visit a motorcycle shop they may be advertising such a thing I'm just say'in I never heard of this before. I like the idea. Our safety at work posts signs about watching motorcycles in the spring around the building. I emailed him about this for awareness but he took Friday off. Probably getting ready for ride to work Monday:p.

Just because, I'm gonna ride to work on Monday.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Never heard of it either and it is the 25th international ride to work.
They have a list of cities that offer free parking for motorcycles on that day.
Sadly Vancouver is not on the list, but Toronto was.

For me every week day is ride to work day - be it on the TW, VStrom or Kona.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm happy to live in a part of the country where it's possible to commute by motorcycle year-round. I have taken a car to work about 3 times in the last 4 years.

I think the statisticians worked out that for every 10% of commuters who replace their car with a motorcycle, traffic is reduced by 25%.

I definitely get through my commute much quicker on a bike. If AZ could get its' act together and legalize lane splitting, my 11 mile commute would take under 20 minutes instead of 40 minutes plus.

Regardless, more bikes on the road and less cars can only be a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since I was working at home today I rode down to the store for a cold black cherry soda and back.
That counts, right?
Sure, why not? :D

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone
1 - 20 of 27 Posts