TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came with the mini windshield, modded pegs. oem rear rack, bar risers and a seat pad. About as clean as you could hope for if you ran a new bike through a water puddle. Got lucky and got back to town in time to get the BMV stuff done. Gonna need the carb fattened up, very cold natured and too much pop and cracking on decel. I will adjust pilot screw as recommended here on the site. Still A Good Day with a short but fun ride.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Nice bike. Where are you from?

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Madison Indiana, it is an Indiana and Kentucky border town on the river about an hour west on Cincinnatti Oh.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to figure out how to get my location in name block area ??

·
Super Moderator
5,311 Posts
Click on your profile at the top right – then on setting next to that – go to edit profile – there a bit in there that says “Location” – then hit save at the bottom of the page

Nice bike – welcome to the cruise …..

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Adjust mixture screw before replacing the pilot jet.
While jets are non-adjustable the mixture screw is usually opened up from the lean factory setting of approxiamtely revolutions out from seated to a more richer 2 to 2.5 revolutions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
NICE!

(If you know) did those bar risers require any cable or brake-hose lengthening?

How much rise do they provide?

What brand are they?

I only ask because, believe it or not, putting a 57-degree (riser) stem in (in place of the FLAT/180-degree, stock stem) and 4.5" high "moto-style" bars on my Trek bicycle was a real PITA! LOL I was able to reuse two cables so only had to buy two cables, but getting the rubber grips off was a REAL *****. (Then I had to take them off again, and add a pipe, inside, on each side, to further widen the bars, to fully "fill out" the grips, to the grip ends, due to the curvature of the new handlebars not letting the lever perches slide in-board far enough. (Obviously, I'm not "over" that job yet--LOL).

I've seen references to "Pro Taper SE ATV High bars" here--any idea if your bar risers are higher or lower than those bars?

Oh--and CONGRATULATIONS!

TS185

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They came on the bike and I do not know the brand, original owner installed and said all the cables were original but at their near limit at 2" risers. I have set on a new stock bike and these do really help for me too. With that said I want another 2-3" so were soon gonna find out what that takes.

Reactions: TS185

·
Registered
80 Posts
They came on the bike and I do not know the brand, original owner installed and said all the cables were original but at their near limit at 2" risers. I have set on a new stock bike and these do really help for me too. With that said I want another 2-3" so were soon gonna find out what that takes.
Thanks--that's helpful info, to know the stock cables/hose will allow 2" risers (I'm assuming with no "bind" at full lock...).

Please keep us informed--I'm sure I'd want the additional height, same as you and, apparently, a number of others. Hopefully someone has it written up already! :D

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I considered even higher risers myself, but then it's new cables, hoses, and wires. If custom lengths of cables and hoses were more easily available then installing a $60 handlebar wouldn't cost roughly $300...So I gave up for now. The little rise I have is still a huge improvement.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Saw in an old thread where a ttr225 front brake hose assy fit the TW

Reactions: TS185

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not too far from me Rick. Madison, IN is across from Milton, KY which is on down the Ohio River SW of Carrollton, KY. Closer to Louisville,KY than Cincinnati. So far Doug is probably the closest other TW rider I know of around me.

I would cut over into Lawrenceburg and run down Indiana thru Aurora, Vevay, then into Madison. Or go down tow Warsaw, KY and cut across the Markland Dam or go down I-71 towards Louisville To Carrollton or and exit south and work my way to 36 and into Milton crossing a new bridge right into Madison, IN. They are supposed to be opening a new ferry right here a few miles from me in Rabbit hash which will go right across the river into Rising sun, IN. The boat was just dropped into the water but not open and running yet. So that will be the closest river crossing. Running down I-71 is probably the quickest but a no go on the TW. LOL! Riding that I'd run down 42 in KY into Carrollton and then down 36 into Milton and cross. Or cross the dam in Warsaw and take 56 in.

TWs are not very common anywhere around here although my wife has said she passed another one on the road here in NKY.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not too far from me Rick. Madison, IN is across from Milton, KY which is on down the Ohio River SW of Carrollton, KY. Closer to Louisville,KY than Cincinnati. So far Doug is probably the closest other TW rider I know of around me.

I would cut over into Lawrenceburg and run down Indiana thru Aurora, Vevay, then into Madison. Or go down tow Warsaw, KY and cut across the Markland Dam or go down I-71 towards Louisville To Carrollton or and exit south and work my way to 36 and into Milton crossing a new bridge right into Madison, IN. They are supposed to be opening a new ferry right here a few miles from me in Rabbit hash which will go right across the river into Rising sun, IN. The boat was just dropped into the water but not open and running yet. So that will be the closest river crossing. Running down I-71 is probably the quickest but a no go on the TW. LOL! Riding that I'd run down 42 in KY into Carrollton and then down 36 into Milton and cross. Or cross the dam in Warsaw and take 56 in.

TWs are not very common anywhere around here although my wife has said she passed another one on the road here in NKY.
Sounds like there is another TW'er in the general cincy, to Madison area and 87 bags in in the middle but this message kind of lost me since I can't figure out who Rick is or where he chimed in ?? Please clarify ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts