TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the El Cheapo China knock off pwk carbs on eBay. And noticed some have extra vents and some don't. Any idea if they are even needed she is not a CV carb?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Why not buy the clone replacement for a 2001+. It is a direct replacement.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not buy the clone replacement for a 2001+. It is a direct replacement.
CV factory carb sucks. Want D-slide and accelerator pump.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Settled on this one but it's still overseas. No extra vent ports, adjustable pumper, casting looked better than most.

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
Sho nuff is purdy bro. Keep us posted PLEASE!!

Reactions: MaddMaverick

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Wow! That thing has a built in Dial-a-Jet attached. (The fuel line between the bowl and the horn with the adjustable knob thingy)
About $100 by it's own on eBay;
Thunder Products Dial-A-Jet DJ-109-AU | eBay

For comparison, here's the one you link on eBay;

To utilize, basically you install a main jet that is slightly too lean, then adjust the dial-a-jet for effect.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I installed a 30mm carb like this one and it was a definite improvement in performance. No accelerator pump and no need for one. I think I paid 20 bucks for it and that included S&H from China.
I like the one you showed the link to. I like the clear float bowl and the adjustable power jet. I don't see any accelerator pump on it.
Make sure you let us all know how it works out.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Great thread MaddMaverick! Looking forward to updates when it arrives.

Reactions: SEADUB200

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
So the only difference is the throat is bored out 2mm larger on the 30mm vs the 28mm. Reminds me of when I had my Kawasaki KDX. Sent it to a guy in Oregon who would do that to either the stock carb if you sent to him, or he'd customize a PWK carb. That was a long time ago.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
344 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 26,28, and 30 have the same OD on the engine side. The reason behind not going to thirty is wanting to keep the power in the bottom to mid-range. Was tempted to go down to 26mm and try it. For now I'll see what stock size does for it.
As far as plan for the airbox boot. No idea yet. Was going to wait until the carb is here and take it to auto parts stores and see if there's any radiator hoses that big with all the right curves and see what i can come up with. If not then I'll have to get creative at Lowes in the plumbing section..50mm is a few hairs over 2" so there should be some kind of rubber adapter combo thing that could be created. thought about skinning out the airbox and putting a foam sock style since i doubt I'll ever be crossing deep water on it. But i kinda like the intake noise reduction from running an airbox. See what happens when it happens.

I did see this on eBay whole looking around. Hopefully there's black ones somewhere. 2" Silicone Hose Air Water Radiator Hose 4 Ply 3 Foot Stick | eBay

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
& throttle cable(s) linkage?

Definitely look forward to a write-up & a few pics...
I saw bent top caps for pwk somewhere, if the factory cable is long enough I'll cut the end off and solder the correct nib on the end for the China carb that way i don't have to mess around with new switches and throttle assembly. As far as the second cable, if it will work smoothly without it I'll just plug the hole in the throttle assembly. If not I'm sure there's somewhere to rig a spring to the frame to hook it too.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I installed a 30mm carb like this one and it was a definite improvement in performance. No accelerator pump and no need for one. I think I paid 20 bucks for it and that included S&H from China.
I like the one you showed the link to. I like the clear float bowl and the adjustable power jet. I don't see any accelerator pump on it.
Make sure you let us all know how it works out.
I was under the impression that there are two types of pwk. The normal style and the "power jet" style. I may be mistaken but I thought the "power jet" designation was an internal accelerator pump style that used an air channel from above the slide to push (squirt) fuel as the slide rises for an accelerator pump type effect?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Edited: removed dumb info.

Do not use silicone intercooler hose to try and make an adapter, no glue or vulcanizing compound will stick to it.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I was under the impression that there are two types of pwk. The normal style and the "power jet" style. I may be mistaken but I thought the "power jet" designation was an internal accelerator pump style that used an air channel from above the slide to push (squirt) fuel as the slide rises for an accelerator pump type effect?
I had a power jet carb stock on my 2002 Kawasaki KX250. It ran off it's own little coil sorta like the ignition coil or lighting coil. I discovered I could tap into it and drive an LED headlight and a brake light. Both were handy on the trail. I found the brake light excellent when someone follows me and needs to know when I'm braking to keep from running up my ass. Ha!
Far as I'm aware, power jets are indeed powered with volts like mine was.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts