TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ski pro made me look it up. I was mistaken on the power jet thing, but it's definitely not electric. I believe your thinking of the electric choke. The "power jet" isnt what i thought it was either. It's just an extra jet for top end. I ordered the wrong thing, again. Yay.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Although..... i wonder if i could rig a little pump into that line that feeds the "dial a jet" gizzy and run it off the unused throttle cable and make it act like an accelerator pump instead of a top end circuit...

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Ski pro made me look it up. I was mistaken on the power jet thing, but it's definitely not electric. I believe your thinking of the electric choke. The "power jet" isnt what i thought it was either. It's just an extra jet for top end. I ordered the wrong thing, again. Yay.
The 2002 KX250 was electric power jet. Check out this parts diagram. There's a solenoid, a throttle position sensor and the jet all electrically controlled.
Save up to 25% on 2002 Kawasaki KX250 OEM Parts | MotoSport

The power jet is open under most conditions until the CDI energizes the solenoid and closes the jet. It is used to lean out the mixture at high RPM to improve overrev as well as prevent lean bog in the midrange.
KX 250 2001 Power Jet | The Dirt Bike, MX & Off-Road Forums @ DirtRider

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Gotcha.
Someone forgot to tell China. Cause what you just showed me is nothing at all like the fifty million "power jet" carbs on eBay. Which is what I'm referring to not the overly complicated Kawasaki thing.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Although..... i wonder if i could rig a little pump into that line that feeds the "dial a jet" gizzy and run it off the unused throttle cable and make it act like an accelerator pump instead of a top end circuit...
Get a PZ30 with an accelerator pump and never look back.
P4240026.JPG

P4240027.JPG

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It has arrived already.
First impression not bad. After tearing it apart I'll be throwing the jets away and getting real Keihin ones. I tore apart some of the old Keihins i have and everything will interchange. None of the threads on the carb are damaged or anything too sloppy. They made a knock off of sudco's knock off 🤔🤣.
Needles are same diameters but tiny length difference. The factory Keihin needle tube and main jet sit 0.080" deeper into the float bowl. The knock off jets are all burrs at the orifice holes which is why they are going in garbage.
The knock off main is a 110 and it's a bigger hole than the factory Keihin 125 main. The 38 pilot looks odd, the holes on the shaft are smaller than the Keihins 40, but the end holes are larger on the 38. The needle jet tubes are not marked but the factory Keihin tube I.D. is a good bit larger than the knock off and the holes on the shaft are bigger on the real Keihin as well. All in all it seems quite usable for the price.

Reactions: Ken and SEADUB200

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Nice looking carb.
I would try those original jets out first and see how they worked before swaping things around. You might be surprised.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I can't get a picture cause the holes are too little bit there's chips from the drill bit hanging from the edges on the insides. They didn't even use a reamer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Looks like there's plenty of cable to make it work. Now to figure out what ferrule fits a pwk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Almost fifty year old Keihin, was put in the drawer before ethanol gas was a thing. It was so much easier to clean up carbs before that stuff.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
By any chance have a link for the adapter for the intake? For 8$ I'm going to get one in 26 and 28 to experiment on. I know you think I'm nuts not going larger but I'm trying a different idea. If it don't work, another 8$ and shipping for a 30. Who knows maybe I'll soup up the old kubota mower. Cut a hole in the hood and hang an uni filter out the side with a chromed out cover on it. Make the tires lean crooked and add underglow.

Reactions: Darth

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hmm. I think i may what the home made looking thing was that was attached to that old carb i found. It looked like someone made one out of an aluminum towel rack. The round flat part that screws to the wall. I guess it's worth a ride over to measure it.

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
Nice to see someone who appreciates the older Keihins, and understands the difference on the “knock offs”. It’s subtle, but it can ruin your day

If you fancy a package deal “pumper”, I’ve seen this one on a TW225 before ….

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
That's the one that has me drooling but I'm not ready to dump that much into a carb just yet. For that I'd want a real one.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Lol, someone really wanted that old mikuni on whatever it was.

Reactions: elime and Ken

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Towel rack thingy looks like a good idea. Simple, cheap and it will mostly work.

I have a Mikuni TM33-12 sitting on the shelf for the last 7 or 8 years.
P5230055.JPG

P5230053.JPG

·
Super Moderator
19,095 Posts
Nice to see someone who appreciates the older Keihins, and understands the difference on the “knock offs”. It’s subtle, but it can ruin your day

If you fancy a package deal “pumper”, I’ve seen this one on a TW225 before ….

View attachment 215087
That's quite a carb. I'm drooling too and I don't even have a TW.
Here's the lowest price on one that you'll ever find!!
Keinin Used Carb FCR39

**Somebody buy this thing and give us an update!!! (Elime? :unsure:) :D

Reactions: Purple

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Appreciate all the links Elime.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts