TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You can get a carb here that isn't chinese garbage
I saw that link a few years ago, but never was able to find a review from anyone. Do you have any experience with that carb on a TW200?

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
OKO have tidied up their act since they started, but there are Chinese knock-offs of these as well (which is ironic when you consider that OKO is in turn a knock off of the Keihin)

Copies

As for the TW200: Yamaha TW 200 – according to TY-Yamaha ......
“We have not had the opportunity to work on a TW 200 here, but have worked with owners of this Yamaha, replacing the stock carburetor, which no one seems to be happy with. After experimenting with a 24mm and a 21 mm, our clients chose the 21mm which gave excellent power and response throughout the throttle range. Owners we have dealt with have replaced the twin pull cable with a single pull cable. The carburetor fits directly into the stock manifold, but the airbox hose will need to be modified to fit. Once we have had one here at the shop to work on, we will provide the needed airbox adapter hosing with the kit. For now we offer the 21mm with the curved top, and jetted for the 200. We provide extra jets for fine tuning to your engine, exhaust, etc... and work with you to see you get it dialed in right. We believe this is the carburetor many TW 200 owners have been looking for to solve the woes of the stock carb.”

If you take their word for it that none of us are happy with our stock carbs, and that a single cable 21mm replacement is better (even if it doesn’t fit the manifold), then the world is your oyster (says the guy selling them). The first twelve words tell you the real story

Basically, you can get a FS1E carb to work on the TW, providing you adapt it and “dial it in” ……

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know OKO are knock offs , but from my experience things made in Taiwan are put together a lot better than stuff from China

haven't put one on the TW , but the 26mm is night and day improvement on a Dr200

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Those old jets after they get the brown film that can't be cleaned off with chemicals? I didn't want to say anything until i knew for sure and tried it, but one of my Lyme disease drugs is used to dissolve the biofilms that the bacteria hide in. So i gathered up the yucky old jets out of one of those old carbs in the drawer and dissolved a Serrapeptase capsule in distilled water and soaked the jets for a day. I'll be damned if it didn't eat it off.

Reactions: NorthernSpy

·
Registered
633 Posts
Now that is out of the box thinking!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I burned the box a long time ago. 😉

Reactions: Purple

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
These are the jets from the earlier comparison photo. The center of the needle was not in the stuff. (For all the guys that feel you never need to replace jets if a wire goes thru them, now you really can reuse them lol)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So i found a perfect PZ adapter. Don't even need to cut anything.

Amazon find.
Bolt holes are 48mm center to center. OD is 34mm.

20210610_113837.jpg

For the air cleaner to carb boot.

The PZ27 has a 38mm intake bell and the PZ30 has a 44mm/ish intake bell. The 30 will fit the tw boot, and i found a Gates fuel neck filler hose adapter that you can cut part off to fit over the PZ27 inlet to use the tdub air boot.

It'll need shortened obviously but it should work. Link to it-

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Still waiting on the cable for it.... Been sitting at customs clearance in Illinois of all places for a good while.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
And as far as the PWK CLONE with the dial a jet built in. I decided against butchering the factory cable and got a cheapo throttle and cable combo. The carb to engine side fits the TW intake boot. And on the air box to carb side i ordered a factory XT225 boot and it's just a few hairs too big. EDIT once the clamp is on the boot its actually nice and snug.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Trip to the hardware store was fruitful. Find these little furniture doohickey screws. The shoulder fits into the carb holes like an alignment pin. Had to give the adapter some love with a few different files to get perfect alignment. If you put the shoulder side in the carb, the shoulder is flush with the carb surface so there's wiggle room if you do it that way but i wanted it so it centered itself. Now if only they'd deliver the cable i could be playing with jets...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Oh jeez... Is it just me or did they drill the hole for the overflow vent in the wrong spot?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts