TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another afternoon spent revisiting old stomping grounds, some more eroded since last visit on Mr.Gizmo whose 15x55 teeth sprockets struggled with the steeper routes.
A lot of fun but I try to be cautious when by myself.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
You're such a great rider Fred. I would have crashed in the first 10 feet!!
Another afternoon spent revisiting old stomping grounds, some more eroded since last visit on Mr.Gizmo whose 15x55 teeth sprockets struggled with the steeper routes.
A lot of fun but I try to be cautious when by myself.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Looked like you rode a good portion of the Verdi Grand Canyon. At least if you got caught down in one of them thar ruts they are wide enough you could ride in the canyon for a while.:D

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Right, I think I could have popped out on the uphill end of the rut just below a deadfall that blocked both tree and road remnants.
I think in the northern sierras this will be The Year Of The Rut.
Accelerated erosion from several Pineapple Express warm rains that sweep in from the pacific melting record snowfall accumulations has damaged many a road.
This weekend Boarder 255 and I will try to ride some areas on the Pacific side of the Sierras, just beyond Blue Canyon where the weathermen often cite record snowfalls and the prospectors hint in whispered tones of fabulous placer gold deposits. Will let you know if we get stalled by ruts, snow, or simply gold nuggets littering the trail.:p images-3.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts