TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who use either MMO or Seafoam here is a little trick.

If anyone out there drinks those 5 hour energy drinks, save the little bottles.

They hold exactly 2oz and are leak proof.

The labels peel off without glue left behind.

When you use MMO in one, you can even see the faint red color through the white

plastic bottle.

I carry several now when traveling.

No measuring, no muss, no fuss, no spills.

Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I store my bikes for the season I use sea foam. I use a 35mm film canister to measure with since it holds just about an ounce. Then I snap the cap back on the canister for a no mess solution. Sorry to see 35mm film disappearing since those little canisters had so many handy uses.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Those are really handy ideas. I'm going to get some of those energy drinks, make my sister drink them, and store seafoam and Marvel Mystery Oil in those. I have some 35mm film canisters, but I've had them leak on me, but then, I can be a klutz and probably smash them anyhow.

Thanks for the tips!

Dan

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
KOOL! I'm going to get some of those energy boosters, feed them to my 5-year old grandson, send him home, and use the bottles for soap for fixing flats as well as premeasured Seafoam.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
To hell with drinking those unhealthy boosters, Use the whisky one shot bottles like they give you on airlines.

They seal up just as well and are more fun to empty.

Oh, do remove the labels first so you won't be tempted to drink your gas additive and be left with none when you need it.

Phelonius

·
Registered
369 Posts
To hell with drinking those unhealthy boosters, Use the whisky one shot bottles like they give you on airlines.

They seal up just as well and are more fun to empty.

Oh, do remove the labels first so you won't be tempted to drink your gas additive and be left with none when you need it.

Phelonius
Peeling the labels may stop you from getting an illegal transportation ticket also. I do like this idea better then the five hour energy one though.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Airborne containers seem to be water tight and hold about an ounce and a half. I have a few of those laying around.

Dan

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have some 35mm film canisters, but I've had them leak on me, but then, I can be a klutz and probably smash them anyhow.

Thanks for the tips!

Dan

I don't store seafoam in the film canister, that would be risky. I just use one as a measuring cup and then snap the cap back on too keep it clean and mess free. Pouring seafoam into those little whiskey bottles would take a steady hand to not spill it all over so I would advise don't drink the contents before trying to re-fill it.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
For those of you who use either MMO or Seafoam here is a little trick.

If anyone out there drinks those 5 hour energy drinks, save the little bottles.

They hold exactly 2oz and are leak proof.

The labels peel off without glue left behind.

When you use MMO in one, you can even see the faint red color through the white

plastic bottle.

I carry several now when traveling.

No measuring, no muss, no fuss, no spills.

Just thought I'd share.

I am sure I am speaking for many of the novice T Dubbers out there...but what is seafoam used for?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I don't store seafoam in the film canister, that would be risky. I just use one as a measuring cup and then snap the cap back on too keep it clean and mess free. Pouring seafoam into those little whiskey bottles would take a steady hand to not spill it all over so I would advise don't drink the contents before trying to re-fill it.

Ahh, I guess I misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess the nice thing about using film canisters as a measuring device to pour it in those little energy drink bottles is that you can bend it into a spout to pour the fluid in.

Dan

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ahh, I guess I misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess the nice thing about using film canisters as a measuring device to pour it in those little energy drink bottles is that you can bend it into a spout to pour the fluid in.

Dan

You got it. I just use it as my measuring cup. Easy to pour it in and easy to pour it out then cap it to keep it clean for the next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts