TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dragged this wore out old 2003 with 330 miles on it home today to be the recipient of all my modifications instead of the 2016. Might be good to have a project bike and a rider for a while during the heavy modification phase. I have gotten my toys tore apart before and missed part of a season.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. How many have you got now Doug?
Just the two, 16 and a 03, one to always have a rider and another for my mods and to have a loaner or wife ride if both are going on that day. They will both go camping regularly too.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Hey Doug,

Wow, 330 miles on a 2003!

Judging by the pics it was rode hard and is still wet. That bike is clearly on its last legs. I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't offer to take it off your hands to protect you from that stock front tire and all other manner of problems associated such an old, high mileage TW.

Don't waste another minute worrying about what a bad deal you made. Just sign the title, tape it to the tank, and ship that old tired eyesore out here to me and I will save you the trouble of trying to dispose of it - at no charge whatsoever to you!

Just trying to to help out a new forum member,

Brian

·
Registered
267 Posts
I dragged this wore out old 2003 with 330 miles on it home today to be the recipient of all my modifications instead of the 2016. Might be good to have a project bike and a rider for a while during the heavy modification phase. I have gotten my toys tore apart before and missed part of a season.

Pictures won't open. Just an X surrounded by a box. Can you resend?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posted according to the site recommendations I hope. The others were hosted on a third party site and work everywhere I know but here, bummer.... but if this works no big deal.

IMG_5741.JPG IMG_5743.JPG IMG_5744.JPG IMG_5742.JPG IMG_5745.JPG

·
Registered
80 Posts
339 Miles on a 2003!

You DAWG!

Congratulations, and looking forward to your RST (i.e., Rolling Test Sled)!

TS185

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice score, obviously the pics make it look almost mint but look hard and these's probably a sign of surface rust hiding under the seat. ;)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Well Done! The 2003 is the fastest year T.W. by far as the silver painted tank has less aerodynamic drag than other colors.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I started going through the carb today but waiting on a couple of parts to finish, the pilot jet was plugged. I used berrymans chem dip to clean everything. Now I feel like a TW'er with my carb tore all apart on the bench. it was nasty with a capitol N. Had to order several new carb parts and soak it all in carb dip to make it all correct and good again. Check out the crud calcified on that main jet. Turned out beautiful. The pilot jet is easier to replace but with patience and the repeated dipping I was able to clear mine to look like the new one I had to go in it, but if your time is worth anything just buy a new one. The tiny straight thru hole was plugged up really tough in mine. Caused me to become a believe in, and order one of the 90 degree fuel filters to additionally go in between the petcock and tank. Worth noting this 03 was tuned with 126 main 31 pilot and the pilot screw at 1.5 from seated and the tamper cap still in place.

IMG_5756.PNG

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Woke up early this morning to find my parts shipped notification from partzilla . I am kind of anal about oem parts in some cases and I had intended to order a new oem pet cock to replace the ebay version that the original owners brother had told me he installed a year or so ago. Seems I ordered two pet cocks and only one of the little rubber plugs that goes inside the carb of which i wanted a spare. Well crap....that was dumb and a $14 typo that leaves me w/o my spare part i wanted....

I ordered the pet cock mostly because the ebay version seemed to have a very high stand pipe for the primary fuel before having to switch to reserve looking like it accounted for a needed real early switch to reserve. Mostly going by pictures of oem -vs- my ebay that actually worked but ??

How many miles do you guys expect to get on the primarly fuel before switching to reserve. ???

Reactions: TS185
1 - 17 of 17 Posts