TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team truck pulled in just ahead of the bbq delivery dude. Solo truck right behind him.

Beef tips. They sent me beef tips. Prime. Chicken breasts. Two. A whole full meal takeout pack of meat. And sweet corn. I didn't order any sweet corn. Green beans with onions. Steamed carrots. A whole full meal takeout pack of vegies. Baked potato with sour cram and butter. Sweet potato with cinnamon butter. Fries. Onion rings. A whole full meal takeout pack of potatoes and onion rings. Sweet corn bread. Regular corn bread. Buttered Texas toast. Dinner rolls. A whole full meal takeout pack of hot breads. Baked beans. Green beans. White beans. Pinto beans. A whole full meal takeout pack of beans. Mayo slaw. Vinegar slaw. Mayo potato salad. Vinegar potato salad. Half dozen deviled eggs. A whole full meal takeout pack of bowl salads and eggs.

The driver forgot the grape juice.

$9.95. Gave him a $20, told him to keep the change.

Another team truck pulled in as I was unpacking on the table in the lounge. Other drivers trickle in *sniff* "That smells good!"

"Help yourself."

We all ate our fill.

"What did this cost you?" one asked.

"$10 and tip."

Each driver handed me $10.

Full belly, $40 in my pocket, and two good meals in the frig.

I hope the rest of the year goes so well.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Nothing better than 30 straight years{or more} waking up sober on New Year's Day....now don't get me wrong, I still like my beers and an occasional sip of Drambuie...but my New Year's Eve tradition, since the kids were little has been staying home on the night before the New Year, and being with family...and me and Patricia have made that work...hit the sack at 12:05 this morning...now it's off to La Otto, Indiana, and our Ohio U crowds traditional beer and food bowl bash....heading a few miles from there tomorrow to meet up with Borneo for our first face to face....

Happy New Year 2015 to all....even the trolls...:p

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Me too. Stayed home, drank only a "real" Mexican orange Fanta to celebrate. Lots of ranch work to do today, easier to do with a clear head. Looks like a good day to burn the pond bank, a job I truly enjoy.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Holy frejole! Querty being positive....could almost make one nervous. Raised by relighous
nutcases I never celebrated anything growing up and continued the practice after I escaped.
But a positive outlook is essential to sanity maintainence. For myself, I am moving my shop to a ranch
in Cambria, California right at the beginning of some of the best road and dual sport riding around.
Hard not to be excited about that. Happy New Year to all.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
My new year started 11 days ago, and for you folks just getting to it...HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope all of us here on this little dirt ball have a good turn around the sun.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy frejole! Querty being positive....could almost make one nervous. Raised by relighous
nutcases I never celebrated anything growing up and continued the practice after I escaped.
But a positive outlook is essential to sanity maintainence. For myself, I am moving my shop to a ranch
in Cambria, California right at the beginning of some of the best road and dual sport riding around.
Hard not to be excited about that. Happy New Year to all.
I ordered pulled pork. It was late. They were out of pulled pork. No pulled pork in Midland TX, either. Just one nasty Pilot: toilet and cell walls looked like previous user's colon exploded, poopy toilet paper all over the bathroom floors, scum all over the sinks, no clean paper to dry hands, McDonald's kitchen didn't look much better, parking smells like a urinal. Fact is, way too many Mexicans are just plain nasty with their habits. This is America, clean yourself up and join our culture or get your stinking selves out.

BUT!!!!!!, I have a parking space grill to windward, clean bag in the folding toilet, no headlights flashing across the windows all night, and beef tips in the microwave. It's all good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts