TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last weekend they predicted 6-10 inches of snow.

Earlier this week they scaled it back to 1-3 inches.

We got 6-10!
encore.gif

So, being the youngster that I am, I broke out the TW and Sleigh

for a garbage run

2 for 1, I snuck in a trip to the mailbox too.

First ride on the Seat Concepts too. Got wait until the snow is gone to enjoy the real comfort of the new seat.

Fogged up glasses really sucked and I cut the ride short

Take care. See y'all at the next storm.:p

·
Registered
928 Posts
WOW. I like snow, but that's on a whole different level :)
Good thing you have a fence line to follow. I now understand how easy it could be to get lost in a place like that.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for the vicarious trip!
Like the windscreen and your barn.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I love this. I guess we'll see more soon as more storms are on the way.

·
Registered
19,418 Posts
The pleating you did on the nose of the modified seat came out looking very nice. The seat pan was trimmed and bent up to accomodate the big clarke tank, right? Were you to do the seat over again would you do anything different? Ask as I plan to do something similar to Mr.Gizmo's seat pan since it also has a Clarke 4gallon fish tank.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW. I like snow, but that's on a whole different level :)
Good thing you have a fence line to follow. I now understand how easy it could be to get lost in a place like that.

It was hard to see. You can see the definition of the road better in the video than in person. ...and all this snow, it on a whole new level for us too! lol8.gif

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the vicarious trip!
Like the windscreen and your barn.
I have to starve off riding vicariously through other people's rides by creating this not so safe ones for myself! I think our real 4 legged mules would like my barn as well!:D

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey Kris, it is starting to look like you guys moved to Alaska! do you think that new windshield may get into the way of one of you woops?:confused:
Looks like the "tundra" doesn't it! I've had this windshield for several years and put it on in the winter. Only when I stand up to I kind of lean over it a bit. No worry for a while as I can't ride off-road with no need to stand up.

P.S. I also use the windshield in the summer on a pavement ride to help ward off the bugs!:p Only takes me about 2 minutes to put it on or take it off which is nice.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pleating you did on the nose of the modified seat came out looking very nice. The seat pan was trimmed and bent up to accomodate the big clarke tank, right? Were you to do the seat over again would you do anything different? Ask as I plan to do something similar to Mr.Gizmo's seat pan since it also has a Clarke 4gallon fish tank.
The pleat at the top is part of the cover design and was already there.

In this older photo below, you can see I cut the seat pan to accommodate the 4 gal Clarke gas tank lip. On the new seat, I used the same seat pan but I attached a piece of plastic I trimmed to fit back on so it would fill out the seat like the original. This piece of plastic is thinner so it will bend easier over the lip of the 4 gal Clarke tank as you now see it. Now I can use the seat without fit problems on this tank, the XT225 Tank you gave me, and the original tank without compromising the original look.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Fred, I took a couple photos of my seat. One showing the natural pleats in the seat and the second one showing the piece of plastic I added back to the original seat pan so the seat looked normal and not cut off. This added piece of plastic makes it easier to bend up over the lip of this gas tank. My idea was so I could use this seat no matter which gas tank I was using.

This picture was before finished stapling. The piece of plastic I added is black and was part of an old trash can I cut with metal shears.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts