TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is my first post! I got my tw in February and have been tinkering, swapping and just generally bastardizing my tw since I got her. I've been searching the boards and am really grateful to you all for posting your knowledge. You've gotten me unstuck quite a few times. Thank you all.

I've seen much posted about LED turn signal issues but I'm not so good with electrical issues and I'm not sure that I'm having the same problem.

So, I have LED turn signals on the front and rear. The front ones were on it when I got her and there were LEDs in the rear but I replaced them with a different kind. I have resistors wired in and all signals light and flash as intended, but the bike also had an aftermarket speedo installed when I got her and none of the indicator lights were hooked up.

So now I'm attempting to wire in the turn signal indicator light. Right now the indicator only turns on when for one side, I can't remember which. So the indicator light will come on when I use my turn signal in one direction but will not come on when signal in the other direction. I double checked and all turn signal lights worked in every scenario, it is just the indicator light that only comes on for one side. Because I'm never quite sure of what I'm doing when I'm dealing with wiring, I tried switching the wires: I connected the brown wire on the connector to the wire on the indicator light that had previously been connected to the green wire on the connector and vice versa. When I tried that, I had the same problem but instead the other direction turn signal would work with the indicator.

That one switching the wires trick is about all I have in my electrical problem diagnosis tool box. I read enough posts to realize that LED turn signals and turn signal indicators don't get along on this bike, but I can't really make heads or tails of anything except that maybe my switching the wires trick might have plausibly worked but didn't in my case.

Any help would be appreciated.
Happy Thanksgiving All,
Rob

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
you will have to install diodes in the leads going to the single indicator led. right now it flashes in one direction because a led will only pass electricity in on direction. so you have to install diodes on the wires coming from the turn signals and ground the other side of the indicator bulb. there is info here on how and you can buy a diode kit for cheap. i bought one from super bright leds, i think for 3 or 4 dollars. and welcome to the forum. https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flashers-load-resistors/metric-bike-diode-kit/1190/2805/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts