TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is odd, and ugly to me, but still neat:

custom-triumph-speed-triple.jpg

“We knew we wanted to use a big ATV tire in the rear, and we wanted to retain the single-sided look–so we had to make the swing arm from scratch. There was no way to mod a Street Triple swing arm and get everything centered.”

The Classified crew ended up modifying a Honda VFR800 item: “For several reasons, the key one being that it uses a 4×4 bolt pattern, common on ATV wheels. This gave us access to wheels with a range of offsets and the 14-inch diameter we wanted.”

custom-triumph-speed-triple-3-1200x801.jpg

More info HERE
I wonder what a VFR800 swingarm costs and how much modification to fit a TW?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Kinda cool but counter productive with the pipes where they would get bashed.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
This is odd, and ugly to me, but still neat:

View attachment 117458

“We knew we wanted to use a big ATV tire in the rear, and we wanted to retain the single-sided look–so we had to make the swing arm from scratch. There was no way to mod a Street Triple swing arm and get everything centered.”

The Classified crew ended up modifying a Honda VFR800 item: “For several reasons, the key one being that it uses a 4×4 bolt pattern, common on ATV wheels. This gave us access to wheels with a range of offsets and the 14-inch diameter we wanted.”

View attachment 117466

More info HERE
I wonder what a VFR800 swingarm costs and how much modification to fit a TW?
Here you go:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.XHonda+VFR+swingarm.TRS0&_nkw=Honda+VFR+swingarm&_sacat=0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts