TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Another way to put an ATV tire on the back of your bike

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Toecutter 
#1 ·
This is odd, and ugly to me, but still neat:

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

“We knew we wanted to use a big ATV tire in the rear, and we wanted to retain the single-sided look–so we had to make the swing arm from scratch. There was no way to mod a Street Triple swing arm and get everything centered.”

The Classified crew ended up modifying a Honda VFR800 item: “For several reasons, the key one being that it uses a 4×4 bolt pattern, common on ATV wheels. This gave us access to wheels with a range of offsets and the 14-inch diameter we wanted.”

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car

More info HERE
I wonder what a VFR800 swingarm costs and how much modification to fit a TW?

See less See more
#2 ·
Kinda cool but counter productive with the pipes where they would get bashed.

Reactions: TopPredator and Ken
#3 ·
This is odd, and ugly to me, but still neat:

View attachment 117458

“We knew we wanted to use a big ATV tire in the rear, and we wanted to retain the single-sided look–so we had to make the swing arm from scratch. There was no way to mod a Street Triple swing arm and get everything centered.”

The Classified crew ended up modifying a Honda VFR800 item: “For several reasons, the key one being that it uses a 4×4 bolt pattern, common on ATV wheels. This gave us access to wheels with a range of offsets and the 14-inch diameter we wanted.”

View attachment 117466

More info HERE
I wonder what a VFR800 swingarm costs and how much modification to fit a TW?
Here you go:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...wingarm.TRS0&_nkw=Honda+VFR+swingarm&_sacat=0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.