TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Nothing! I switched to a motocross style helmet and goggles. I have never had a fogging issue since switching to motocross - from summer riding in the rain to snowmobiling.

In the summer, I sometimes wear clear or tinted safety glasses instead of the goggles.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cat Crap!

I know this comment will generate some funny response but this stuff is called "Cat Crap" which is an anti fog product. It works great in my experience and it comes in a small round tin that is available on ebay for around $6.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
For the shield itself, it is best to buy a replacement shield that has a dual lens like the Pinlock visor system. It works like a double pane window, as it has an insulating layer of air between two pieces of plastic. It's the best way that I've found, and I've tried a lot of the magic anti-fog applicable products with limited success. Pinlocks are made for many helmets, but not all. Some helmets like my GMax GM-11D dual-sport helmet have their own proprietary dual lens visor available for purchase.

·
Registered
715 Posts
For the shield itself, it is best to buy a replacement shield that has a dual lens like the Pinlock visor system. It works like a double pane window, as it has an insulating layer of air between two pieces of plastic. It's the best way that I've found, and I've tried a lot of the magic anti-fog applicable products with limited success. Pinlocks are made for many helmets, but not all. Some helmets like my GMax GM-11D dual-sport helmet have their own proprietary dual lens visor available for purchase.
I too have tried many different helmets and visor applications. I am lucky enough to have LOTS of off road seat time testing in hot, wet, and COLD weather when I worked for Polaris.

For me and most of our test drivers, we ditched the full face helmets and went to Motocross style. There is always a possibility of fog / condensation with any full face helmet no matter what you do.

MBW - Please let us know what you do and post results!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I was was going to get my son that Gmax 11D.. How do you like it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts