TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a small antique bike show yesterday. There were a few reply nice examples of 20's, 30's and 40's motorcycles. This 46 Knucklehead was my favorite. There were 2 Excelsior's, a Vincent Black Shadow and a 1934 Flathead that were awesome, but I can't get that Knuckle out of my head. This is my new screen saver.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I've been looking at those kits for years. I just know I can build the "new" WLA of my dreams. Some day bro, some day. Those are some wide bars by the way. Marked for cutting, but at the moment mine are full scale...'cause the neighborhood kids say they are cool.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ebbanflood,
You can be fascinated with that knucklehead all you want.
When we were riding them, it seemed like you could ride them out and always ended up pushing them home. When you had two miles to push yet with a hill in between you and home, the paint didn't shine so bright on them.
Mel

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Alas, Mel, tis true. But still, the beauty of a motorcycle that just did what it damb well pleased. I know it sounds dumb, but I like the old Enfield because it isn't reliable. I have more fun with that thing. I have walked ditches hoping to find something I could patch her with and make it home. Life is a journey.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are right Mel, I commuted 25 miles each way to Manhattan on my 61' Panhead and the strange thing is it was very reliable. I will admit that I prayed and talked to it very nicely before I kicked it over but eventually it would start. A friend of mine had a Knuckle and when I said that I wanted to get one he said "if you are getting a Knuckle you need to get two". That is the reason I never got one, the parts bike is too expensive. I'll never own an expensive piece of art but I sure do appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Borneo,
There is a lot of truth to that, but it always happened on the way home after riding a tractor for 12 hours or handling hay bales for about 10 hours. By that time you were making three tracks and afraid to look and see what was making the third one. For me, they would make a great yard ornament, or target holder.
Mel

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Ebbanflood, I can sympathize with you. Seems like everytime my life seems satisfying and fullfilling good ol Borneo will find some new wonderfull internet must-have treasure I then crave. I know the grass is always greener somewhere else but Damn that Borneo can really find some mighty fine green grass.;)

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I know. I baled a mountain of hay. Spent so long on tractors during the planting season I would start to hallucinate. But still, the knuck is my kinda machine. Probably because I never had one.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I think of you often Mel. Down at my cousin Michael's, just around the country block is a large barn with over 70 restored vintage John Deere tractors. Some day I am going to go down there and take some pictures for you. Including one of these, which is one of my personal favorites. View attachment 6463

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dude, don't be sorry, I think that I just decided that the scariest place on Earth for me is inside your head. If we were neighbors I would be divorced. I love enablers!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts