TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
A dear dear friend in South Africa recently got in a wreck and has a bent frame. He needs one. Can any one help? 馃檹

It would mean a lot to me to be able to help him. Willing to make it worth your while. 馃挵

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Tommy,

I would like to help but your friend is a few continents and a whole hemispere away from me 馃槦.

Brian
Yeah I know brother B. Appreciate wanting to do it though... ;-)

Registered
Thank you for showing concern Tom, second hand TW's are relatively easy to get a hold of over here in South Africa and every now and again there is a TW being advertised as being stripped for spares, at the moment there are two bike shops that I know about that have old TW spares, Im just gonna have to wait for the lockdown measures to be lifted and then I'll be able to go and look for a good frame(y)(y)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for showing concern Tom, second hand TW's are relatively easy to get a hold of over here in South Africa and every now and again there is a TW being advertised as being stripped for spares, at the moment there are two bike shops that I know about that have old TW spares, Im just gonna have to wait for the lockdown measures to be lifted and then I'll be able to go and look for a good frame(y)(y)
Huh? What makes you think this was for you?? 馃
Dog Gone It Corn, you weren't supposed to see this thread!!! 馃槻馃槒

Reactions: Ken and Cornelis

Registered
I hate to hear of your misfortune. I hope all is well with you.

Registered
Cornelis,
Have you been injured? What happened?

Reactions: Cornelis

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10
He's ok (miraculously), but let's wait for him to post it.

Hint: He went off his bike at 70 mph...

So amazing he is even alive bro. We're tremendously good friends and to lose him in a wreck (or any of my friends or forum members) would have just devastated me.

Reactions: Cornelis

Registered
Cornelis,
Have you been injured? What happened?
Hi there bro

I had a bad fall with my bike nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm still recovering from it, I had a tank slapper at 70 mph and I was thrown off the bike hitting the tarmac with my head first which knocked me unconscious, woke up 30-40 minutes later laying next to the freeway with ambulance personnel attending to me, thank God I did not break any bones but I had concussion, and my clothes and the bike had scrape marks all over, I'll have to get myself a new helmet though.

What was the reason for the fall? I've taken a couple of tumbles with my bike in the past especially on dirt roads, nothing serious but the frame has bent to the point where the wheel alignment is out which caused me to have the slapper, I'm going to have to replace the frame to remedy this problem

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #14
Hi T. I've got frames. My nr is 0826455081. They can whattsap me. Regards
(y) (y) (y) Very nice brother Casper, thank you!! It was my intention of paying for this frame for my friend Cornelis, so please let me know whatever the cost is. Really appreciate the effort bro. How far away are you from him? I think you guys are still on lock down... ?

Registered
Hi there bro

I had a bad fall with my bike nearly 3 weeks ago and I'm still recovering from it, I had a tank slapper at 70 mph and I was thrown off the bike hitting the tarmac with my head first which knocked me unconscious, woke up 30-40 minutes later laying next to the freeway with ambulance personnel attending to me, thank God I did not break any bones but I had concussion, and my clothes and the bike had scrape marks all over, I'll have to get myself a new helmet though.

What was the reason for the fall? I've taken a couple of tumbles with my bike in the past especially on dirt roads, nothing serious but the frame has bent to the point where the wheel alignment is out which caused me to have the slapper, I'm going to have to replace the frame to remedy this problem

View attachment 204984
Wow, a TW going 70 mph. I think you broke the sound barrier for the machine. A very thorough inspection after trail dumps I guess should be on our list of things to do before high speed riding on the TW. High speed being anything over 50 mph. I'm glad you are ok and not worse. Any injuries are more than we want. I would also suggest the steering head bearing mod to the roller bearings to stabilize the front end also. Mine had been questionable for way too long. Those tank slappers are scary. I'm glad you are recovering.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, a TW going 70 mph. I think you broke the sound barrier for the machine. A very thorough inspection after trail dumps I guess should be on our list of things to do before high speed riding on the TW. High speed being anything over 50 mph. I'm glad you are ok and not worse. Any injuries are more than we want. I would also suggest the steering head bearing mod to the roller bearings to stabilize the front end also. Mine had been questionable for way too long. Those tank slappers are scary. I'm glad you are recovering.
That was after he slowed down from 80 mph Ken... (true fact) :eek:

God was watching over that ol boy... (y)

Registered
OK, let me explain the situation to all of you; my standard cruising speed for the past 5 years and 50 000 miles has always been 70-75 mph, the bike has always been as steady and solid as you can get at that speed.

Commuting on the freeway nearly every day leaves me with no choice but to ride at that speed but it's easy with Bridgestone road tires and 15/42 sprocket combo, add the windshield and I do 70 mph effortlessly the whole day, with the wind from behind I can even keep up with a Harley for a couple of minutes at a time.

Unfortunately because of the wheel alignment the bike became unstable and I had a slapper BUT under normal circumstances its not a problem at all, the TW is safe at 70+ mph

Registered
OK, let me explain the situation to all of you; my standard cruising speed for the past 5 years and 50 000 miles has always been 70-75 mph, the bike has always been as steady and solid as you can get at that speed.

Commuting on the freeway nearly every day leaves me with no choice but to ride at that speed but it's easy with Bridgestone road tires and 15/42 sprocket combo, add the windshield and I do 70 mph effortlessly the whole day, with the wind from behind I can even keep up with a Harley for a couple of minutes at a time.

Unfortunately because of the wheel alignment the bike became unstable and I had a slapper BUT under normal circumstances its not a problem at all, the TW is safe at 70+ mph

View attachment 205013
Cool paint job. Your high speeds show how tough these little engines are. I think you also did a great job on that windshield.

Registered
(y) (y) (y) Very nice brother Casper, thank you!! It was my intention of paying for this frame for my friend Cornelis, so please let me know whatever the cost is. Really appreciate the effort bro. How far away are you from him? I think you guys are still on lock down... ?
Hi T. Tx, 190km apart. Not far. I'm heading his direction asap. Yes we are still under lockdown.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts