TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #21
Hi T. Tx, 190km apart. Not far. I'm heading his direction asap. Yes we are still under lockdown.
Thank you Sir, I appreciate it so much. Let me know the costs, and add in a nice delivery fee for yourself, (gas, lunch for you and Corn, etc) ... Don't let brother Corn try to pay for it... snicker snicker 馃槈馃槈馃槈

Registered
Thank you Sir, I appreciate it so much. Let me know the costs, and add in a nice delivery fee for yourself, (gas, lunch for you and Corn, etc) ... Don't let brother Corn try to pay for it... snicker snicker 馃槈馃槈馃槈
He's on his way to my city beginning/middle next month when our lockdown is suppose to end to do some building work so we will work something out and I want to invite him for coffee and cake also when he comes around ;) (y)

He actually has a 1990 TW frame available for me, the same as my bike, still in a mint condition!

Registered
littletommy, I鈥檓 not a follower of any religion, and I wouldn鈥檛 consider myself a philanthropist, or someone that always thinks of others needs before mine.

But I ALWAYS have believed people like myself should never be looked up to, or lead others - only those of faith can possess real morality.

The faithless can only be taught, or follow from example. Without faith, society devolves into what I believe America is becoming - a country where the state determines right and wrong, folkways and morays. A country where politics supplants religion.

And I believe you to be a good person. A person of faith. And a person to teach others.

This is just a long-winded shout out to you, sir. I鈥檓 glad to be a member of this forum- and more so that you鈥檙e on it too.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #24
littletommy, I鈥檓 not a follower of any religion, and I wouldn鈥檛 consider myself a philanthropist, or someone that always thinks of others needs before mine.

But I ALWAYS have believed people like myself should never be looked up to, or lead others - only those of faith can possess real morality.

The faithless can only be taught, or follow from example. Without faith, society devolves into what I believe America is becoming - a country where the state determines right and wrong, folkways and morays. A country where politics supplants religion.

And I believe you to be a good person. A person of faith. And a person to teach others.

This is just a long-winded shout out to you, sir. I鈥檓 glad to be a member of this forum- and more so that you鈥檙e on it too.
Well thank you for the compliment bro, I really do appreciate it. I haven't always been like this bro, that's for sure!! November 17th, 1971 I accepted Christ as my savior. He gave me a new life and peace inside and I was forgiven for all the horrible shameful things I'd done. I do believe in leading by example so I always try. There are so many people in need and hurting and I just want to point the way, give encouragement and help someone if I can. I feel it is my duty and privilege to help. I can't say no to someone in real need, it would be wrong in my eyes and I would be so ashamed if I turned away from someone in need. Again, thank you for the compliment, but it isn't me, it's Christ in me... I just want to do the right thing and it's those tiniest decisions that we all make each and every day that determine who we become.
If we don't stand up for something in life, we'll fall for anything, right?

It "tickled me pink" (<Hint) to find out later, someone on the forum who was born on that special day in November for me... A gal who I love dearly and have so much respect for...can you guess?? 馃榿

Registered
Awesome guys!

I am late to the party, but if I can assist from Durban side, just let me know.
There is a '91 getting stripped for spares near-ish in 'Toti which I can go eye-ball if required once lock-down lifts.

Very glad you're okay @Cornelis!
Hey Bro, how are you doing man?
It's been a couple of years since we last had a chat, everything is fine over here thanks, Casper has a 1990 frame in a mint condition for me and I will get it as soon as the lock-down is over, he lives in Standerton not far from here.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #29
Just a personal thank you to Casper for giving a frame to Cornelis. If I can ever do anything for you bro, let me know.

Thank you Sir!! It's much appreciated. Corn and Casper, shall we look forward to a ride report someday from you guys?

Registered
Casper really helped me out with a good quality second hand frame from a 2001 model TW

I've made quite a bit of progress this week:

Wednesday and Thursday - Sanding and spraying the new frame
Friday - Assembled front fork and did a lot of dismantling on the original frame

I had to call it a day at 4 pm today when my back told me enough!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #32
Brother Corn, post up a pic of the broken frame. Might be helpful for members to check this area once in a while if they ride their bike hard.

Reactions: Cornelis

Registered
I made some good progress today, battled a bit to get the suspension and engine off and then had to wash the grime and grease from swing-arm but then I settled into a nice rhythm and I actually didn't want to stop when it was time for dinner.

After the wash I carried the air box over to the new frame and then installed the wiring harness

Registered
I only worked a half day yesterday - installed the engine and tightened all the bolts properly, always testing my patience a bit when I'm getting it back into the frame!

Made some steady progress, only major problem today was the exhaust manifold that was too long, sawed off 2 inches and then I had to make a bracket at the back also, it's a 2001 frame so there are a couple of minor differences with my 1990 parts but nothing to be worried about, hopefully will be up and running soon :)

Registered
I worked right through today until I was finally able to start the bike, click on the link below to see the Youtube video

Tomorrow I want to go for a proper test ride!

Youtube Video TW With New Frame

Registered
Im still thinking KPH not MPH OR the boots are Higher Down Under

Reactions: Cornelis
21 - 40 of 40 Posts