TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious are there any cyclists here? The kind with no motors. And no those bikes with the hillbilly chinese bolt on motor crap kits don't count I'm talking about them things with the pedals designed to exercise with. It seems that there are a lot of common interests on this forum.

just for fun here is a shot from todays ride

Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

·
Registered
170 Posts
Me! I looove my mountain bikes. I've perfected my endo on my Specialized Epic. And I like road bikes. And girly town and country type bikes. But I have a confession to make....I got the motorbike because I wanted to do stupid, er fun things faster. And I wanted to save my knees. I was meeting my ortho doc yearly for my roto rooter knee surgeries and I am*hoping* the TW will slow that down. Here are a couple of bikes that I have:

My Salsa Pistola

My Salsa Fargo

·
Registered
170 Posts
I wanted to add....I had my eye on a fat bike for some time but was afraid that it would load my knee too much pedaling down gravel roads and such so when I saw the TW it was love at first sight. Thank you, honey! Dirtgirl blows her hubby a kiss.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fantastik. cool rides there. I have a salsa vaya ti that I ride the wheels off of too. fat bikes are pretty cool too. something different to play with.

Untitled by dolphaxel, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i used to ride 3 times a week...twice during the week after work (night rides with lights) and once during the day on sunday mornings...i miss those days...

my tank...

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I just finished my lunch time ride. Keeping a bike at work gives me a chance to get away and burn off the veggie burger. Yesterday the wife and I rode to church. Felt good even with the sprinkles on the way back. Had to give up mountian bikeing a few years ago after too many broken collar bones but the Rans recumbent and the Sette Sasso get lots of miles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes haha very serous , Rocky mtn flatline pro dh bike, devinchi atlas 29, .243 racing dirt jump mtn bike, nishiki landow hipster single speed, mad max norco rampage bike polo bike, norco momnet trails bike, 1664 a team bmx, and assorted, road bikes that need work or they are going to get cut up and made in to art or furniture.

I am a pro bike mechanicin rossland bc so lots of riding mtn bikes and motos
1385795_10151921806739787_482984628_n.jpg

·
Registered
173 Posts
yes haha very serous , Rocky mtn flatline pro dh bike, devinchi atlas 29, .243 racing dirt jump mtn bike, nishiki landow hipster single speed, mad max norco rampage bike polo bike, norco momnet trails bike, 1664 a team bmx, and assorted, road bikes that need work or they are going to get cut up and made in to art or furniture.

I am a pro bike mechanicin rossland bc so lots of riding mtn bikes and motos
View attachment 3177
That's it! That's all you got? Novice....:p

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ages long love affair with bicycles. Started racing in high school. Have pedaled across the US twice, toured europe and canada. Around 120,000 miles on pedals. Built custom frames at the inception of mtn bikes around 1980, resulted in 9 patents on various parts and processes for frame construction. All the patents sold long ago.

Between all that cycling, telemark skiing, and hundreds of miles of hiking/climbing, mountaineering, I contracted a moderate case of Kneesels about 10 years ago. Didn't want to go for the knife, but something had to give. Hard core cycling was one of the things I pretty much gave up on- just too hard on the knees. I can still move around well at 58, although a really long hike will lay me up for a day or two. I carry a well worn folding bike aboard the sailboat, could not live without it.

R.

·
Registered
94 Posts
mangusta.jpg
This is my 1985 "Mangusta" 12 spd road bike. Originally manufactured by the American BMX company "Mongoose", this was their attempt to keep up with the ever growing interest in entry level road bike riding. The solely BMX company contracted the french company "Motobecane", to manufacture the frame. Used the Italian, Campagnolo 980 entry level derailleurs and shifters. English wobbler rims and a French 3 piece, Sunlite Crank... 1 of only 1000 made that year this unusual, "Franken-bike", featured a chormolly, fast back, fillet-brazed frame. Weighs in at a mere 22 lbs...i live in the mountains now and usually ride my TW. Needless to say.. The road bike has collected some dust over the last year....still in love though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Aside from my daily commute to and from school on my Surly Crosscheck, and what mountain biking there is to be had near Lincoln, NE, my friends and I have begun chiseling away at sections of the Great Divide trail that runs from B.C. to Mexico. Last summer we took five days and did 300 miles in Montana. This year we hope to do what we had planned LAST year and begin in Banff - pedal to Whitefish, MT. I am planning on making the trip out on my TW while the rest of the clan rides out via railway. PANSIES.

·
Registered
278 Posts
No pics but I used to race a little years ago... crit, one mountain bike/cyclocross race and also velodrome at CSDH. Believe it or not I once hit 59mph...downhill of course, spinning out with a 53/12 before tucking in and goin for it...personally I think the bicycle is one of the best human inventions ever conceived

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is great. I knew there must be some around here. As much as I like motorcycles, bicycles are my real hobby. My goal is to ride everyday. Or almost anyway I shoot for 6 out of 7

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
also check this out
here are some vids I made

too funny I watched this video and saw that the shop you're at or own is revolution cycles. My shop is also revolution cycles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great videos, I'm a avid biker too - Cross country, DH some Dj..
Hey Ryan ..that tunnel looks familiar...Wrentham?
199630_10150451865400521_7167410_n.jpg

969989_10201280232107123_1799348727_n.jpg

Here's a video a friend did of us riding and enjoying Dirt Rag's "Dirtfest" last year in PA (I'm the one trying to keep up:)

Phil

1 - 20 of 27 Posts