TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back a forum member turned us all onto the CSC Cyclone that was coming.
I see from the website they are here and being used. Heresy, I know but less than $4000
for an fuel injected 250 dual sport fully ready to go has my attention. Any ride reports from
heretics?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've been watching their recent youtube videos of a convoy of them being ridden in Baja. Not sure if the riders are the first owners but I'm waiting to see them in the States too.

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
I would like to see and ride one in person. There reviews indicate some issues of concern if someone really wanted to adventure tour on one but the bike is probably plenty good enough for an affordable commuter with wanna-be adventure looks. I could just picture trying to figure out how to corral loose items if the bike tips over hundreds of miles from home and the plastic panniers shatter. Hopefully the supporting racks will accommodate up-graded storage bags. With a 4.2 gallon tank the bike is good for touring. With only a peaky 25hp and a wet weight of almost 400 lbs the adventure potential might be somewhat mild. Great bargain price for an entry level bike though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
anyone here get one of these yet?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
What the hell is a CSC? Sounds like something that would be sold at Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
503 Posts
'CSC' - California Scooter Company. They are the only importer of the bike. equivalent of Chevy's Captiva, made by Daewoo in Korea. Also branded as the Buick Encore, if I'm not mistaken.
welcome to the global market gentleman

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
anyone here get one of these yet?
Yes, if I'm not mistaken, at least two forum members have reported purchasing an RX3.

I too am interested in hearing more real world reviews/experiences with the RX3. For me, it's mostly about the reliability and durability of the motor. If it turns out to be superb in that regard, then I will be quite seriously considering a new AJP PR5 dual sport (same base motor) when it comes out.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Good luck I guess time will tell and 50 years from now someone will find the first model in a barn somewhere. The conversation could go either way. Check out this sweet classic or look at this piece of s#*t. Lol

·
Registered
807 Posts
Damm KJ you know about all them dont ya? :) The AJPs look interesting. 40MPG though? What does the WR250R get?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Damm KJ you know about all them dont ya? :) The AJPs look interesting. 40MPG though? What does the WR250R get?
Well, that's my goal at least (knowing everything about them) :) I believe 40 mpg would be in aggressive off road riding; I could be wrong but I think the PR5 will probably get 50 or more in regular road riding conditions. The WR manages around 55 to 60 mpg real-world. The heart says street-legal PR5 all the way, but the brain says WR, haha. I think both are awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts