1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Nice find. That’s new to me but what would I know. Anything to improve missed shifts would be good. Down shifting from second to first when you really need it is almost a guaranteed miss shift. If that could be improved it would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
What is the impact resistance of ceramic?
If the ceramic bearings shatter, where are the particles going and what will they do?

If you are looking at the steel micro bearings, what aspect of smaller bearings would make for a smoother operation?

·
Super Moderator
17,998 Posts
Learn to shift, it's a TW, not a Ecosse ES1 Superbike... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
827 Posts
What a bunch of snake oil!
If you have issues shifting, get a longer shifter. I've found the stock one to be too short anyways. My new, longer, folding shift lever gives more leverage than the shorter one and less effort to shift. It's Archimedes' law of the lever; Magnitudes are in equilibrium at distances reciprocally proportional to their weights.
In layman terms, the ratio of the weight moved to the weight moving it is the inverse ratio of the distances from the center.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I done my learning 45 years ago on little yamaha 80 and mostly never quit riding so I don't struggle shifting. I swapped a Yamaha VMax to Belray syn oil for the first time using it back in 86 and a few Harleys since and was shocked how much smoother they run through the gears when you find the oil they liked. I guess a guy can choose a corn cob if he is too cool or to tough to like smooth feelin toilet paper but I am not the one when there is a choice. I just like it a smooooth as possible. :)

I'm with Tweaker, Might be a good find and worth trying, not all that expensive.

Just asking....

·
Super Moderator
5,169 Posts
Yep - (for the first 50 miles) ......

For the record, I have (UK) size 8 feet - so larger foot pegs and longer shifters are wasted on me - as LT says - either you can do it (shift), or keep improving your equipment to compensate .... :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts