TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that i don't love riding with you guys :):)

But it would be nice to get a head count of how many girls ride the beloved TW's...

I'm located in the Santa Cruz Mountains....not too many (legal) places to ride dirt trails....but I have slicks on my bike now and have a blast riding hwy 9 and all over the area.

Lets get something started!!!!!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
hey bikenerd, you should put the knobbiest back on and come ride cow mountain. honest we're not a scary bunch.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey BikeNerd...welcome aboard and it is sure nice to have other female rider on here. It just used to me for a long time but with the last 6 months we have added quite a few girls on here. Come down to Santa Margarita KOA on the weekend of June 20th to ride with me and possibly 1 other girl. We would love to have tag along :) By the way, it does get old to be the only girl in the group.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So....are you saying you know of some dirt trails to ride with a low risk of getting caught?
YES!!! up near the old air strip in Bonny Doon!!! LEts do it!!! :):):)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey BikeNerd...welcome aboard and it is sure nice to have other female rider on here. It just used to me for a long time but with the last 6 months we have added quite a few girls on here. Come down to Santa Margarita KOA on the weekend of June 20th to ride with me and possibly 1 other girl. We would love to have tag along :) By the way, it does get old to be the only girl in the group.
Man, I wish I could make it!!! Unfortunately, it's my partners B-day that exact day!!! Damnit!! I'd be in the dog house for sure if I even asked ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A TW would be a great birthday present, and then you both could come. win win
Oh man, that would be a sight to see....she barely gets on the back of the bike with me!!! .... She a good tomboy a heart....but bears no will to ever ride a motorcycle...

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Oh man, that would be a sight to see....she barely gets on the back of the bike with me!!! .... She a good tomboy a heart....but bears no will to ever ride a motorcycle...
never say never.
you never know who the tdub bug will bite.....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not that i don't love riding with you guys :):)

But it would be nice to get a head count of how many girls ride the beloved TW's...

I'm located in the Santa Cruz Mountains....not too many (legal) places to ride dirt trails....but I have slicks on my bike now and have a blast riding hwy 9 and all over the area.

Lets get something started!!!!!
Hi, fellow female here but a bit too far from you (UK) to join you :(

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm down here in Houston, Texas...always looking for someone to ride...especially during the weekdays. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ride a T-dub , but I live in NY state in the Finger Lakes region..so if there is anyone in this area that rides, sing out..'

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NICE!! So glad to see some ladies riding around the country!!! If i ever make it out to any of those states...and have my bike......Well you know :):)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some time after the weather warms up a little more would be good for me. I know where Bonny Doon is and have seen the airport. These trails, are they in the state park?

So a buddy of mine that lives in Bonny Doon told me he takes his dirt bike on trails up off of smith grade...No idea if it's state park area...but more than likely private property...I think This weekend I'll go investigate to see if its kosher. Wouldn't want to get us shot at ;);)

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
I had a cousin who lived up Last Chance road, Davenport,all dirt with some trails 20 years ago. Lots of dirt roads connect, try Canyon Rd, Waddell Creek,Old Womans Creek, Cougar Creek among others.You might still be able to access Chalk Mtn. road from HWY 1 and ride to Big Basin park boundary. So many people live back there it all can't be gated off since I moved away.
I would recommend digital scouting with Google Earth in advance to get a feel of interconnectivity of many of these roads and especially their access points. Make notes, or print, or save maps to smart phone before heading out. That way you have fall-back options should initially targeted roads be closed off. Ridge lines have nice ocean views after fog burns off, valleys have nice small waterfalls and majestic redwoods. And a smile and a little diplomacy might lessen private road defenders concerns that you want to rip up roads.
Perhaps call, visit Mtn bike and/ or cycle shops for riding location tips, they can often be very helpful.
P.S. You probably know this already but pre-viewing important turns on ground view option on Google earth can really help you recognize them in the field.
Have Fun!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great pics BikeNerd!
Here's me after getting dirty with my Tdub.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
TravelDiva!!! You look like a bad ass on your dub!!!! Quite the opposite of my recent picture without shoes on!!! AND pink toenails, might I add ;):)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts