TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Gizmow's a HAM. Even has one built into his TW.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not sure why I'm mentioning it since I have not operated since the 90s, but I have a tech plus license from 1995. I renewed it in 2005. I haven't used anything more HAMmy than Echo Link on my iPhone in recent years, haha. I wouldn't be able to pass a test if I took it today.

I grew up dinking with CB radios (redneck internet!) in the 80s and 90s. So I've always been interested in radio communication and messing with the equipment. I'm a multi-time recipient of RF burn to my hand or arms thanks to evil friends.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've been thinking about it forever, just never done it. I even have a portable packed away somewhere.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
I'm not a Ham operator, but on our recent replace the flag ride (sscooter, todd, me), we met a ham operator at the lookout. I had a brief conversation with him and he, along with his family, were doing some time of challenge, calling in from different fire lookout locations. Although I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to what he was doing, he brought out some equipment, set it up near the flag pole. I do remember him talking on it with some operator in a different location. Looks like a fun hobby.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New Rider, old time ham here. KS4TI, Doug. I'm interested in blending UHF/VHF mobile with my TW. Would like to see some pics if anyone has already done so.
Doug

·
Registered
78 Posts
Formerly KD6EPG here. I have been trying to renew my license for a few months now but keep missing the test dates. Perhaps it would be a good New Years resolution.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts