TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent my pan off to seat concepts but with shipping time it will probably a month and a half before I get it back. Can I just ride on the foam or will it spontaneously ignite? Any sources for a cheap pan? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
bigger footpegs required

·
Registered
838 Posts
A big beach towel folded several times will work better than you think. If normal flooded lead acid battery, place a piece of heavy plastic between it and the towel first.

Marty

Reactions: Westieterrier

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A big beach towel folded several times will work better than you think. If normal flooded lead acid battery, place a piece of heavy plastic between it and the towel first.

Marty
I have the foam still, it fits perfectly and totally will work it’s just yes I’m worried about the battery and a heat sink looking thing that sits under the pan. Maybe some kind of plastic from Home Depot would work though like you suggest.

·
Registered
20,732 Posts
Sorry you are having the 6 week turn around time.
Like many others I do my own Seat Concepts installation at home. First time took about 2 hours to go buy a better stapler and test different length staples. Second one I was up on the learning curve with all materials at hand, took about 1/2 hour. I considered it a very simple task. But then I consider that many other tasks in life really don't require a professional to accomplish a good result.
If there is a motorcycle salvage yard near you a few dollars might secure a seat that could be modified for short term use on the TW.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have the foam still, it fits perfectly and totally will work it’s just yes I’m worried about the battery and a heat sink looking thing that sits under the pan. Maybe some kind of plastic from Home Depot would work though like you suggest.
The heat sink thing is the voltage regulator. While it does get rather warm, you can hold hand on it without actually burning skin. A thin piece of wood on top maintaining a bridge would help maintain air circulation around it if necessary.

You can always take a ten minute ride and remove temp seat and check out the heat amount for peace of mind.

Marty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sent my pan off to seat concepts but with shipping time it will probably a month and a half before I get it back. Can I just ride on the foam or will it spontaneously ignite? Any sources for a cheap pan? Any other ideas?
Next time have Seat Concepts send you the new cover and foam or a total seat. Any locaj upholstery shop should have the ability to install the new cover and foam in about an hour. The shipping to Seat Concepts was probably substantially more than any saving you could get.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts