TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody ride the NJ PIne Barrens (AKA Land Of The Sand)? I'm looking for people to ride with on Wednesdays (or other weekday). I'm familiar with the Wharton National Forest and surrounding areas, but would be very happy to learn other areas as well. I usually launch at the ranger station at Atsion but would love to hear about other good jump-off points.

No experience necesary! Even if you never rode down there before and would like to get a taste, I'd be happy to show a new rider around this wonderful riding area. Just PM me or reply here

Tod

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anybody ride the NJ PIne Barrens (AKA Land Of The Sand)? I'm looking for people to ride with on Wednesdays (or other weekday). I'm familiar with the Wharton National Forest and surrounding areas, but would be very happy to learn other areas as well. I usually launch at the ranger station at Atsion but would love to hear about other good jump-off points.

No experience necesary! Even if you never rode down there before and would like to get a taste, I'd be happy to show a new rider around this wonderful riding area. Just PM me or reply here

Tod

I am in Pa and have a place in Ocean view. How far apart would that be from you? My TW is registered in Pa. Would I need any special permits to off road in NJ??

·
Registered
592 Posts
You are fine with your Pa license
I'm all for a ride in May
We could meet and park at atsion ranger station on route 206
In shamong,nj
I'm in capemay county,1 hour ride to the station for me

Here's the link for the atsion ranger station http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM33W8

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm game..I'm near Holdnon72 prob run up with him? ? Keep us posted

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I'm making a little mental note to myself for the next time I get out that way. I have wanted to see the Pine Barrens ever since reading the Tom Brown "Tracker" books years ago.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yup no problem craig...my next thing is to repack trailer bearings on that rig I bought

·
Registered
52 Posts
sweet keep me posted...i'll pay for fuel and tolls or something...i have a bearing packer if ya dont wanna get messy.let me know

·
Registered
52 Posts
how did you become a senior member?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
craig1178: Up until two minutes ago I couldn't have answered your question. However, I just made what apparently was my 100th post...and I magically became a "senior member". Given my joining date I probably ought to shut up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks buddy! Was just wondering

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm thinking of going over there tomorrow since we are off for Columbus day. Never been so hope I find it ok. Going to map the ranger station and take it from there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in Egg Harbor Township. I am looking to ride out of the Batsto Village entrance in Hammonton if anyone is interested. I never rode in there before, and I am really anxious to check it out. If anyone is interested hit me up.
- Jamie

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Yeah, I ride in the Pine Barrens at least 2 days a week (clise to 20 times last 2 months), but more up north of Batsto up around Woodland, Chatsworth area, in and around Rt 70 & 72. I like it up there cuz there are hills and more technical terrain to ride. Sometimes I'll park at Atsion Ranger Station and ride south but haven't been down as far as Batsto yet. If I was, which I plan to this year, I'll start up around Atsion and Batsto would be a halfway pit stop destonation, then loop back a different way. Most likely in a month or so, when the hot weather will be the time for more mellow, laid back fire road riding. If your ever interested in heading up to Atsion area to start riding from, let me know. I'd love to head down to Batsto to start, but I'm 1 hour 45 minutes north of Atsion. That's to far for me to drive through the area I'm riding to start. You start from the south and ride north, I start from the north and ride south.....LOL I'm sure we'll hook up for a TW group ride in the Pines this year sometime. I plan to get one together late Summer or Fall sometime when it's not so hot. I'll be camping down there in August, just don't remember where at the moment. Maybe then we can ride, since there are a few family members bringing their dual sport bikes. It's our anual family camping get together. It's about 35 of us, with a handful of bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds great. Let me know when and I will be there!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts