TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bored. I was thinking about toodling down to Santa Margarita Lake and nomming some Klondike Pizza near Pismo Beach. Or possibly a quick trip up to the Lost Coast Beach. I still have the GPS points for the Oakhurst Adventure Ride I recently did - would love to go out and do that again. Anything, something within about 300mi of San Francisco. Looking for the ride to wherever, with a night or two of camping. Any off-road would be icing on the cake and is not necessary. Anyone got anything like that going on not this weekend, but next, and have a slot open for a non-TW rider to tag along or join in?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mel!

I believe I might be leaning towards heading in your direction. Check out the lake, a few lighthouses that are nearby, and, of course, Klondike! Depending on where my first camp stop is, I haven't yet decided whether I would leave Friday from work (4pm) or at the crack of doodle Saturday morning. Any tips on BLM/free camping in the area, the closer to the lake the better? I think I'm going to take my chances and bring my hammock setup. The only thing I've really been able to find has been TV Tower Rd (Forest Rte 29S11, Santa Margarita, CA 93453). Anyone else feel like hitting up Klondike Pizza next weekend?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've never heard of Klondike pizza, it must be sooo good. We don't have any good pizza around here. (at least in my opinion)
And there's not much better than a really good pizza, I prefer it over steak.
I'm assuming Klondike is not a chain. Although when I was a kid growing up in the bay area, we had a Shakeys, and Me and Eds pizza and I loved them both.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm gonna do the crack of doodle on Saturday. Should put me in the area in time for a Klondike lunch! Muddle around the lake for a bit, then hit TV Tower Road for a hammock over-nighter. Slowly make my way to the lighthouses and home on Sunday. Anyone else going for some Klondike? ;)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Mel - what time you thinking you want Klondike tomorrow? Should I just text/call when I'm in the area?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Me and mrs. redbelly did the 2up thing over the pass from Santa Margarita last month. When we dropped down into Aroyo Grand out of the dirt onto the paved, I was like Ray Charles singing Georgia sepin' I was singing Klondikes on my mind:dink:
Enjoy the ride B.C.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So far, so great! Got to hang with Mel at Klondike! Not a lot of off-road today - just enough to drop the bike once ;) Lucked out and was able to find a few places to hang on TV Tower Rd. Gonna hit up two lighthouses on tomorrow's mosey home. Haven't taken too many pics yet, but I'll add them as I do...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/23deGpfr9JLhJsKb8

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Mel, I shared some of the Battery Tender pigtails you so generously sent to me with the Group Ride folks last weekend.
Thanks again Mel, hope you don't mind that I spread your good will and parts with some fine folks. Now they can use their own electricity when they want to borrow my air compressor.:p

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts