1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like, say, this Saturday? :)

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like tomorrow's a no go, but I'm mobile now and ready to take the CBX anywhere!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
sunday?

what did you end up doing with your bike?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sunday I'm doing a group ride to Santa Cruz with the San Francisco Motorcycle Club. TW-Brian adopted my TW!

Reactions: joeband

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
i could do tomorrow, say 10 am.... but need to be done by 12. nice of brian to adopt your baby.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are we still talking about Metcalf Park near San Jose?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last time I did Metcalf was after I swapped out clutch plates, and goofed up on an adjustment. Lost my clutch 30 miles from home and joeband came to my rescue. Dangit, wait

Lol, damnit, I thought I was talking to Joemama! That's why I was confused.

I can be there at 10! And you can make fun of me for having my "street bike" off-road. I wanna see what it does on that one crazy trail...

Reactions: Joemama and joeband

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
lol ok. nope it's me joe band.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
10am it is! if there's any other norcal nutjobs up for a short ride come find us in the metcalf county motorcycle parking lot by 10:15am. if after that it's a small park and not very crowded in the morning. i'll probably be the only tdub there.... especially now that bananachunks has sold out.
;)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, Saturday's ride was fun, though it didn't go as planned. I knew almost immediately that it was going to be easy trails only. We went on Trail 1(?) to the motocross track. I tiptoed around it once. Then the right side windshield mount let go. With neither of us having tools (or me thinking to ask for zip ties), I decided that that was it for me. We headed over to Joe's house so I could get the windshield remounted for the ride home - oh man the roads between Metcalf and Joe's are a joy to ride! Re-attached the windshield, met the fam, got to see some of Joe's really cool art projects, and then I headed home. All in all it was a great day for me.

I still chuckle thinking about when we first left the pavement. Joe says, "Ok, we'll keep it light and easy, then.", and then he proceeds to haul-butt up that long steep hill near the beginning of Trail 1(?). I thought to myself, "Ok, bike, please don't break me.", closed my eyes and pulled the throttle. When I opened my eyes I was at the top, safe and sound! I hope in time I can learn to trust these tires - they're definitely no Shinko 428s. Or maybe I'll just have to stay kind of pokie until the next set.

The next day's group ride took us on some pretty rough roads up north. And there goes the windshield again. Le sigh. I did think about zip ties, though, and someone had some. So it's nice and "fixed" for now until I can take the whole assembly apart and see if I can get everything on properly.

Fun ride - thanks Joe! And thanks for the windshield assist!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts