TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal. Is anyone doing this? Is it posible? Is there some sort of technique or am I just wishful thinking. Dirts a Flyen San Due

·
Registered
20,391 Posts
What is the prognosis for restoring your vision? I assume time will tell how much recovery you will achieve but let's think positively. Can't have Sue radioing you all the time saying: "Tree ahead Honey, please swerve a little to the left"

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the prognosis for restoring your vision? I assume time will tell how much recovery you will achieve but let's think positively. Can't have Sue radioing you all the time saying: "Tree ahead Honey, please swerve a little to the left"
Time I suppose will relinquish answers to some of the questions. Tried to ride the bike this mourning after sue went to work and nobody was looking. Didn't do to well. Big mess, those blood thinners really work. Got a fat lip so I may have some explaining to do when Sue returns. She seldom looks at me so I may get away with it. Afraid to look at my chin. Borneo has given me some hope and when sue presses me about my newly acquired injuries I think I'll blame Borneo just to muddy the waters prior to my escape. Dirts a Flyen SanDue

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Peter Faulk
Sammy Davis Jr.
Leo McKern (my favorite actor of all time)
Sandy Duncan
Jack Elam (always loved that crazy eyes thing he did.)
Bruce Peterson (He's the real 6 million dollar man)

The list of famous one eyed people is very long....

But I still like Jack Elam:D
View attachment 23565

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I'm willing to take a hit for ya bro.[/QUOTE
She hits hard, Borneo. Best remove your location on your avatar for a couple days! Thanks again for the info. I'm checking it out. The forum is AWSOME. Dirts a Flyen. SanDue :p:D
I'm tougher than whang leather. I can take it.

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
My Father had a stroke and lost peripheral vision in both eyes to the right side. That pretty much put an end to his driving a car and even walking down a sidewalk he is always bumping into people (and things) on his right side.

As for riding a motorcycle, if you are talking about the complete vision in one eye going from left to right is OK and the loss of vision is only in the other eye I would say with a little practice and adaptation one could ride, especially if moving slowly on wide trails. If on the other hand you are talking loss of peripheral vision to the right (or left ) in both eyes I think riding should be limited to a big open field where there is nothing to bump into.

As an aside, I had a friend that became paralyzed on his left side due to a stroke. (It is called hemiplegia.) He too lost a large part of his vision, so large that he was not allowed to have a motorized wheel chair in the assisted living facility he lived in. With one arm and one leg he was able to slowly drag his wheel chair around but was constantly running into things due to his lack of complete viision.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I read this as has anyone "eyed" riders, and was expecting something like has anyone seen other TWs out there.

What a turn around.

SanDue;

My heart goes out to you. I sense you have moxy and can get through this.

I piss and moan about the aching hips, elbows, back and everything else. I have been blessed and I still complain.

As I said, My heart is with you.

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
We prayed for a complete recovery Dan. So, don't settle for anything less. :D Have Faith Brother. ;)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
My brother in law lost an eye when he was a teenager and mountain bikes trails that I cringe at.
It is possible, but may take some time to adjust to the lost depth perception.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Had an uncle that was on the cornea waiting list for about 20 years. When his number finally came up he said "give it somebody younger, I don't hardly notice anymore".

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am blind in my right eye and no problems for me been riding my whole life....depth perception I have no idea what that is as I have been without sight in my right eye from age 6, I think I must have some ability now that I use with out knowing what but I have 0 accidents (car or bike). and I am now 51.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that is amazing, thank you for sharing that with me! So, your telling me now that I have lost some vision I will stop crashing. Sounds good to me, cause I was always crashing when I had both eyes. Thanks for sharing with me. Your very inspiring. :D Dirts a Flyen. SanDue:p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts