TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not mine and listed in the Hudson Valley CL.

This might have been my bike from many years back, who knows! Anyway, these were great bikes in their days but you will have fun trying to learn how to ride it. Rear brake and shifter are on opposite sides. These bikes were monsters where power was concerned and lots of race wins down here. I have no interest in a project like this but this could be a cool bike to restore.

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/d/scarsdale-1972-or-73-bultaco-alpina-350/6953646612.html

GaryL

Reactions: Fred and 47382

·
Registered
968 Posts
I remember as a young kid with a sears minibike and them a rupp hustler (in upstate NY)....I wanted a Bultaco so bad

·
Registered
605 Posts
When I was a kid, I thought Bultaco was something to eat. Always made me hungry to here people talking about them.

·
Read Only
173 Posts
First time I've even heard one of these. The geometry of it looks like it would be great to have foot pegs just in front of the crankcase for cruising.

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
This must be Garry back in the day then and some of his admirers. gary download.jpeg

Reactions: joeband and Mel

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cruising wasn't what they were good at .....
The guys here who were winning races were all riding Endurance trails and the Bultaco's, Maiko's, CZ's, Penton's and some Husqvarna's were putting all of the Japanese bikes to shame. Honda came out with the Elsinore models and KTM got pretty serious in answer to these bikes. BSA and Triumph never made much of a showing in the off road world with the exception of the BSA 441 Victor which was the king of the hill climbs. Bultaco also made another well respected model called the Matador. My memory is a bit sparse on that one but pretty sure it was a 250 CC and also a bear to hold onto.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Nice 'Taco at a nice price. Wonder if it runs?
That's right by me (White Plains) Gary if you want me to check it out for you? Maybe 10 minutes away. You gotta be done with the BW350 by now?
Not sure why it is listed in Hudson Valley craigslist?

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice 'Taco at a nice price. Winder it it runs?
That's right by me (White Plains) Gary if you want me to check it out for you? Maybe 10 minutes away. You gotta be done with the BW350 by now?
Not sure why it is listed in Hudson Valley craigslist?
Nope! That BW350 was enough of a project to last me a couple years. As usual as soon as I finished it every guy who saw it had to have it and I got to take just one good ride on it before the right $$ got flashed. This Taco would be a very similar project with the severe lack of parts availability and that is the most trying part of these older and rarer dinos. Nice bike for sure but tough to get them back to ready.

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 10 of 10 Posts