TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I curious if there's any out there that would like to set up a meet and trail ride. I truck my TW up north a few times a year to do some trail riding (near perry sound) and also over to gopher dunes (closish to Woodstock area) a few times a year as well.

I don't ride the TW far on street as I have a big bike for that. But I just seeing if there is any interest in a Ontario Canadian meet up for some trail riding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Greetings Tinybear......I would be interested in going to a TW ride......I am set up for trailering and camping so can travel......I am located in the Ottawa area but since this will be my first season I do not know the trail systems yet.......I hope we can generate some interest for a group outing this summer

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to here Rav. Lots of trails once you get outa southern Ontario (probly a few out your way outa the city anyways). I'm sure we can all find a some what central local to most for a weekend getaway.

Im a slow novice off roader as I'm limited physically but this little TW continues to amaze me with its ability. A camp and ride would be ideal I think. My better half could join too as long as it's off road as she rides a ATV.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I was looking on the members map http://tw200forum.com/forum/dcMembermap.php Most of you are in Southern Ontario. Are there any actual trails down there? I would be willing to host a weekend up here. Everyone could drive up Friday and camp in my yard or crash in my house then head out Saturday morning for some awesome trails out to an abandoned mica mine with with a romp up highway 533 (Northern Ontarios "Tail of the Dragon") camp in the bush and ride back to North Bay for breakfast then you guys can "take off eh"

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
There is not much in way of legal trails around here in south western Ontario short of pay to use small trails at the local track ($30 for the day). So it's more likely a better plan to head north up your way for some riding. Besides my TW might like visiting its old home lol. Personally I know if I leave work Friday I can get to the hotels right on Hwy 11 in northbay for around 9:00pm. Then ride Saturday and head home Sunday.

It would be nice if the trails were accessible for an ATV user as I'm sure my better half would love to join us on her ATV. But that's not always feasible and not too big a deal.

There is a trail system I have ridden a couple times now near perry sound (still not scratched the surface of the trail network there). The nice thing about that is you can camp right there on a beach. BUT it's only assessable by a very ruff road bordering on ruff trail (my bone stock Tacoma quad cab made in just fine). Also there are ZERO amenities there so it's ruffing it camping. It's an option but may not be ideal for some, I love the trails there but I also love a good shower and comfy bed so I'm open to all trail riding ideas.

All depends what everyone's interested in. I'm fine with most anything. As long as I don't need to ask that poor TW to drag my fat ass very quickly anywere. (And as long as I can get it running right again (Carb plugged up on me got to clean it out today. sure wish these things were fuel injected)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Greetings....For me I don't mind travelling and I am O.K. with either staying at a motel or drive in camping (my van is set up for sleeping but it is not AWD so needs fairly simple access). I think planning day rides from our home base is probably the simplest way to organize or riding time. Keep the ideas coming.....let's do this

·
Registered
185 Posts
Zack what are you doing in Haiti?
My parents and my siblings came here to Haiti 5 years ago or so (I was 15) to start a small medical clinic in the remote mountains where there was no medical help for hours in any direction. We originally planned to come for a year or so, but as the project slowly grew we felt like God wanted us to stay longer. Been here ever since doing some small projects and managing the Clinic. We have since adopted a little Haitian girl who is the sweetest little girl ever! My brother married a Haitian girl 2 years ago, and is now living back in Ontario with her. All this has led to our family being very involved long-term here with the clinic, and we will continue as long as the Lord leads. This is our website... chcenter.wordpress.com

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My parents and my siblings came here to Haiti 5 years ago or so (I was 15) to start a small medical clinic in the remote mountains where there was no medical help for hours in any direction. We originally planned to come for a year or so, but as the project slowly grew we felt like God wanted us to stay longer. Been here ever since doing some small projects and managing the Clinic. We have since adopted a little Haitian girl who is the sweetest little girl ever!
My brother married a Haitian girl 2 years ago, and is now living back in Ontario with her. All this has led to our family being very involved long-term here with the clinic, and we will continue as long as the Lord leads. This is our website... chcenter.wordpress.com

Very cool my friend.

·
Super Moderator
17,931 Posts
My parents and my siblings came here to Haiti 5 years ago or so (I was 15) to start a small medical clinic in the remote mountains where there was no medical help for hours in any direction. We originally planned to come for a year or so, but as the project slowly grew we felt like God wanted us to stay longer. Been here ever since doing some small projects and managing the Clinic. We have since adopted a little Haitian girl who is the sweetest little girl ever!
My brother married a Haitian girl 2 years ago, and is now living back in Ontario with her. All this has led to our family being very involved long-term here with the clinic, and we will continue as long as the Lord leads. This is our website... chcenter.wordpress.com

Very cool my friend.
Amen. Go for it brethren!!! :D +1

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ardbeg!!! Great trails.I don't think I could get my rig in there the way it sits now.I use a rack on the front hitch and it really limits the ground clearance up front.I would be towing my little Trillium that also lacks in clearance but it's been a long time since I have been there.How is the road in now.If we do this in August I will be on holidays so a little more flexible.North Bay is nice too and that is a very nice offer Peter.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep those pics are from Ardbeg.

Was there end of April and the road was RUFF and very washed out. Trails were VERY wet with a lot of water crossings and still a hit of snow. Was there last October and road was good enuff that if taken slow a average car could make it. By summer I'd guess it will be maintained a bit by Clubs or hunters. Great place to ride and really ideal for our little TWs.

But it may be best this time around to try options closer to a city much like Peters suggestions/offers. I'm game for either I think.

With any luck we can maybe make it an annual ride idea with different places.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alternately if people want to do the Ardbeg trails one could stay in one of the hotels in perry sound. It's a 45min to 1 hour ride threw some twisty paved roads to the trail heads of Ardbeg. And the TW can make easy work of the road in. Then there's MILES and MILES of trails. Those that can drive in or would prefer camping have that option as well. if we went that route i would trailer in my TW and ATV to the trail head. That way I would also be able to bring in a few jerry cans of fuel for those in the need.

As for a time. August works for me but I can only do a weekend deal (using all my vacation time for wedding and such in September)So maybe August long weekend. Meet on Friday afternoon. Ride all Saturday and part ways and head for home Sunday?

Just tossing ideas around. What say you guys?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Greetings all.....Here are some of my thoughts on this topic.....It seems like there are 2 good options on the table....As I see it I would like to do both.....I would like to take Peterb up on his offer to ride into the mica mine and what ever else and the Ardbeg location looks great as well....so I am going to suggest North Bay for a late June early July weekend and the Ardbeg trip for early August.....does any of this work for enybody else?......peace and love

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like that idea i would try for both. Provided I can swing it financially.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts