TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has a picnic either of these tires mounted. Curious as to the look. The 1st one is Shinko 700. Thanks

Screenshot_20170611-093438.png Screenshot_20170610-155130.png

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The K270 is the same tread pattern as the Shinko 244.
Look for any of Fred's posts and you can see it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I don't like the look of the 241. This bike doesn't have a title so it is a "dirt bike" . I hit the paved backroad a little bit but not much.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I had the Kenda 270 for about 6,000 miles. I liked it in the dirt, but after a while it got center tread wear and started howling a bit on the slab. The reason I bought the Kenda over the Golden Boy was it was available in a 120/80 18, which was 8 lbs. lighter. I have the 241 now, which is better all around for my 70/30 dirt/slab use. If you want a 5.10 18, the Kenda and the Golden Boy are nearly identical. I just preferred the quicker response and lighter weight of the Kenda.

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Yea I don't like the look of the 241. This bike doesn't have a title so it is a "dirt bike" . I hit the paved backroad a little bit but not much.

Are you going to be riding the "TW dirt bike" like a motocross or more like a trail bike? If more like a "trail bike" don't dismiss the SR241 because of its looks. Before I switched from an SR244 to the SR241 I was pretty skeptical of how good the 241 would actually be. Took me a while to get used to it and I think this was partly because I so used to the characteristics of the 244. Now that I've ridden the 241 on sand, mud, and rocks, I find it a very capable tire. However, as you can see many of us riders won't agree on every positive or negative of the tire. I like it in the sand, others may think it sucks in the sand. I think that's where rider style comes into play.

However, if I was gonna ride almost all off-road on my TW, I would really consider the D606 as chuckgarrett has mentioned and accept the expense. Especially in the looser soils and mud. Good luck with whatever tire you end up with. Trial and error or trial and experience will lead you to the tire you hope for. Hopefully, you get it on the first tire.

Take care and happy riding.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I won't be doing any aggressive riding really. Mostly just easing around. I'm thinking I've decided on the K270 or the Shinko 244. If anyone has one please post up a picture. Thanks

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Here's some pic's I already had on my computer.

P1010100.JPG P1010324.JPG P1010358.JPG

Here's what I can tell you about my experience with this tire.

It howls on the highway, but I don't care. In spite of it's tread pattern it makes an ok road tire even on wet surfaces.

Off road it bites in & holds very well. I have had it wash out on some real powdery dirt at low speed, kind of weird that way...
On everything else, including blasting straight through the center of gnarly ice filled mud holes, it has worked well. m.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the Shinko 244 in 5.10. It has been so much better than the stocker and it seems to have experienced very little wear over 2500 miles or so.

IMG_3553.JPG IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0280.JPG

The goldenboy is heavy and it is built stiff and tough. I feel like it rolls over and through an awful lot of stuff. i run it 10-12 psi. It does get a little wobbly at top speeds. Ha Ha. Top speeds.Anything over 55 or so. i do covet a trials tire though. Just want to get the biggest and heaviest that will fit. Still weighing options and I might try one of the MotoZ trials tires.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics guys. I have saw "Golden Boy" mentioned a few times. Is that what the 244 is referred to as?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts