TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting the RAM phone mount but I'm not sure it will hold up to a bumpier bike like the TW200 RAM Mounts Universal Cell Phone Holder Kit - RevZilla

I actually ordered the Cortech Micro 2.0 Tank bag for it but it did not fit on the tank so I had to send it back. I saw somewhere that there is a tank bag that does work with it but I couldn't find it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I was thinking about getting the RAM phone mount but I'm not sure it will hold up to a bumpier bike like the TW200 RAM Mounts Universal Cell Phone Holder Kit - RevZilla

I actually ordered the Cortech Micro 2.0 Tank bag for it but it did not fit on the tank so I had to send it back. I saw somewhere that there is a tank bag that does work with it but I couldn't find it. Any ideas?
Get the Ram X. I gave it a serious test on the last 116 mile off-road ride. It was extremely bumpy and it held my iphone 6 like it was glued in. I also have the Otter Box phone case that has rubber on the sides. I trust it completely :D
Rick

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have a Ram-X mount on three of my street bikes. Actually I have two of them on the PC800. Haven't gotten around to adding anything to the TW yet, as the bars are quite full with GoPro remote, Voyager GPS, Tach, etc.

Have NEVER had an issue, And if you are worried, add a thick rubber band or removable tywrap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
TacoMcNacho, there are some TW riders that either want...or have a need...to mount a GPS on their bikes. And there are the others....over in the flickering lights of the campfire, drinking the imported beers, that have no wants or needs for a GPS on their TW 200s.

I use a Garmin Zumo on my bigger street bikes, and have for many years. So I am a GPS user, and familiar with them.

But on my TW 200, I choose to mellow out, take it easy, sometimes play follow-the-leader (unless the leader is going too slow, or is lost) ;), and what I witnessed in Moab was......
Those riders that were using a GPS, had to stop more often, and pay more attention to their GPS units, than the trails they were riding on. I will NOT mention any names, because I really like all of the riders that were using a GPS, but.......sometimes it is more fun to follow the path less beaten, to follow your nose.....to follow the leader.....to lead the follower....and to have more fun...than reading the path a GPS might send you down.

Okay, (sorta) rant is over. Mount one if you want to, and replace it when you fall over and break the GPS on that one big rock within 1000 feet. :eek:
Haha I here you but I have no problem going off the beaten path... as long as I'm just riding to ride and not in a hurry. If I need to meet someone at a certain time in an area I'm not familiar with then the last thing I need to do is get lost exploring the backroads hoping they will lead me to where I need to be. A mount would make things a lot simpler than having to get off my bike every few miles and check my gps. Otherwise I often end up dozens of miles from my original destination just from exploring county roads lol.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Haha I here you but I have no problem going off the beaten path... as long as I'm just riding to ride and not in a hurry. If I need to meet someone at a certain time in an area I'm not familiar with then the last thing I need to do is get lost exploring the backroads hoping they will lead me to where I need to be. A mount would make things a lot simpler than having to get off my bike every few miles and check my gps. Otherwise I often end up dozens of miles from my original destination just from exploring county roads lol.
I love my GPS. I ignore it most of the time but I can take any turn I want and never worry about getting lost. The best part is knowing how long it will take me to get home at any moment. My zumo RAM mount is better than the one that came with the GPS.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I actually just got back from my local Harley dealer. Was getting the PC800 NY State inspected. They treat me excellent there, all great people.

Anyway..... I just bought another RAM X mount and a 3 inch arm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts