TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the TW about 2 months ago, first bike I ever owned. Put over 1000 miles on it riding the dirt roads near my home, but looking for a little more of a trail/off road type ride. These things are too much fun! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
392 Posts
Google dnr motorcycle trails michigan

the dnr has trail maps you can download. The farther north you go the more trails

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Do as advised about the DNR...^^^^.... We have sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many two tracks that work very good for new riders.. Our DNR trails are well driven on and become very sandy (AKA sugar sand) Mich. has 5,500 miles of snowmobile trails but not that many wheeled off road trails that are legal to ride on.. We go to the U.P. and ride the logging trails and back roads for miles. OMM.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got to head a little farther north to get to the trails, but I've found lots of fairly decent gravel roads here in the thumb. I'm in Romeo, if you want to ride up this way some time.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
How close are you to tawas ? We camp there sometimes.. OMM.
East Tawas and Oscoda along the mouth of the Au Sable where it flows into Lake Huron is where we Salmon Fish each late October....love that place....:D

DSCF0083.JPG DSCF0065(1).JPG

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
East Tawas and Oscoda along the mouth of the Au Sable where it flows into Lake Huron is where we Salmon Fish each late October....love that place....:D

View attachment 10381 View attachment 10382

Absolutely fantastic sucker runs there in the spring! Went every year with 5 or 6 friends for an entire weekend. One year I hooked a big fish and the river was really clear. I immediately identified the fish as a walleye and was sure I was going to have it break off. Five nerve racking minutes later I landed a 14lb walleye.:D Biggest walleye I ever caught. I removed the hook and slipped it back in the river. I will always remember that day.

Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
No trails in SE MI. There is an off road riding area near Flint called the Mounds. Lots of good dirt roads in the Waterloo area near Chelsea. Any where in N. Lower or U.P. there are two tracks and designated ORV trails. If you are st legal, you can ride most anywhere unless it's private property as long as you stay on the two tracks. this varies from county to county so check first if not plated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts