TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey just throwing this out there.. I'm near beaufort NC and I'm looking for some friends to ride with. We've got lots of places to put around. Theres a good sized beach near my house people ride on. Its good fishing too! Live on the neuse river? You can come by boat! Bring your quads, bikes, three wheelers, tractors, anything! Bring a friend along, I have 2 extra quads. Plenty of tools, tackle and beer!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
A great invitation Harpman. I am going to be down your way after Xmas. Hope the weather doesn't get too cold. Would love to ride with you. I am going to SC to visit my gkids and then to NC to visit my other daughter. I remember breaking ice around that time while training at fort bragg with special forces. Would be fun to try out that slippery red gumbo on some of your toys.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A great invitation Harpman. I am going to be down your way after Xmas. Hope the weather doesn't get too cold. Would love to ride with you. I am going to SC to visit my gkids and then to NC to visit my other daughter. I remember breaking ice around that time while training at fort bragg with special forces. Would be fun to try out that slippery red gumbo on some of your toys.
We'll its liable to be 90 degrees, or 30. The weather is so unpredictable here. A cold winter would be a blessing, especially after dealing with heat indexes over 115 this year! Bring on the cold!!!

Either way, I'll be out here wrenching or beating on something. You just let me know when you're gonna be in town, Hoss!

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
I know we are really missing out by being so far away. I can only dream of riding through the North Carolina forests and even on the beach. Heck, I felt lucky to ride in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I hope there is a "someday" in my future.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hope you stay safe this weekend. If we are all lucky, the hurricane will continue to move east into the Atlantic and dissipate before doing any more damage. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey. I head down to pamlico county quite frequently. I'd be glad to take the ferry over for some riding and/or wrenching. We'll have to figure out a convenient time to get together. James

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
Hi! New owner of a '08 TW and new to the forum (which is fantastic). I live in the triad of NC and hope to get the goat down east in the spring. Will look you up when I make the trip or let me know if you're ever in the piedmont!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Many trails near you? I definitely plan on heading to western NC when it gets warmer. Have camped in Wilson Creek area and know many places to ride there. About an hour away. Ever heard of maple sally rd? Another trip I plan on taking in the spring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it time to start putting together a group ride down east?

Seems like we have riders and places to ride.

February or March?

If it was cool with haroman we could use his place as a starting point. He said he has access to trails and a place to wrench if needed.

I'm game. Who else? When?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Black swamp looks fun! Also, Brushy Mountain is a blast on the TW! At least, as long as you dont mistakenly get on the black diamonds like a friend and I did...lol. we bailed out and trailblazed back to more friendly terrain after getting the snot kicked out of us for about a mile. (still, it was kinda fun) :p

·
Registered
928 Posts
Looks like this is only 3-4 hours away from me. I may have to take a long weekend down there this spring. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts