TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was searching different places to ride in fall and came across Taskers gap and petersburgh mill in Virginia
40 miles of ohv trails motorcycles allowed
anybody ever go there and ride?
Im about 5 hours from there in NJ
But I would love to rent a cabin around Luray and go for 3 days
Thanks for an y info...

Here is part of one trail--->

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Holdon, Yep...I've ridden Tasker's Gap, but it's been about 15 years ago. It's some very nice riding with great camping opportunities and varying levels of trail difficulty. Everything from single track, to boulder fields to dirt road riding. It's a great place to ride and you feel like you're a long way from anyplace-which you are. And of course Luray is an amazing quaint little community well worth a visit too. The George Washington National Forest is within driving distance too and there are several hundred miles of forest service roads, and a few OHV trails to ride as well. Well worth a drive if you can set aside a 3 day weekend. If you go-post up a ride report!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, it's about 45 minutes from me. I was down there 2 weeks ago to the parking lot in the video. I didn't get to ride the trail that day as a wicked storm brewed up and was coming from the west ( I live NW ) so I tried ( unsuccessfully ) to get back home before the storm. Last time I actually road the Taskers Gap trail was about 2 years ago and I have been rained out of every attempt to go this year. Taskers Gap is well groomed.

Fort valley road is a nice hard surface ride from rt 55 at Front Royal and off fort valley road are tons of gravel / dirt roads to explore. I find new ones every time. It's also a fun ride to go down to Luray and over the mountain to New Market.
Fort valley grocery store has the passes for Taskers Gap.

Another area just west of Winchester is The Cove moto park. Its got 35-40 miles of trails and is 20 or 25 per day to ride. It's pretty rocky at places and totally ungroomed but the TW is awesome there. You absolutely need a good skidplate. They have camp Sites available too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts