TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. I watch the second showing as the first showing interferes with Jeopardy.
What are...... priorities? Correct.

I'll take "funny little motorcycles" for $500 please.

Seriously though. That is MY Dryden, NY! I had no idea about ANY of this craziness until they started filming this and the whole town was beginning to relive this. Absolutely crazy how such a tiny village could have been struck with soooo much tragedy.

Tom

·
Registered
13,650 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Never heard of the discovery Channel? Someone out there more removed from TV than me? And 'Village of the Damned'. Assume we are not talking about little blond haired English kids with glowing eyes? I'll have to give it a look see. I am ignorant of the historical facts.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Never heard of the discovery Channel? Someone out there more removed from TV than me? And 'Village of the Damned'. Assume we are not talking about little blond haired English kids with glowing eyes? I'll have to give it a look see. I am ignorant of the historical facts.
is the Discovery channel the same as the Investigation Discovery channel? i was thinking they are different

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I watch it on IDHD, channel 804. I have Comcast.

I guess they use a lot of drone shots to get elevated views and it sure makes that area look really nice. I see all the woods, the farms, and houses not all crammed together. Could a kid take a .22 and go plinking in those woods? I bet 60 or more years ago, when I was a kid, he could and no one would have cared.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I watch it on IDHD, channel 804. I have Comcast.

I guess they use a lot of drone shots to get elevated views and it sure makes that area look really nice. I see all the woods, the farms, and houses not all crammed together. Could a kid take a .22 and go plinking in those woods? I bet 60 or more years ago, when I was a kid, he could and no one would have cared.
To this day you can "go plinking" anywhere you like so long as it isn't private property that you do not have permission to be on. Luckily there is a TON of state owned land all around Dryden. This is where I do a bunch of my trail riding as well as plinking and hunting and camping and ............... The good ole days are alive and well here in upstate NY! :D Don't even get me started on the fishing!

Tom

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I saw the latest episode about 2 cheerleaders some neighbor murdered. I kept watch the show asking myself "why is that guy not locked up somewhere?"

I say again it looks to be a very beautiful area. And open area for hunting and fishing and what ever sounds great. That is impossible to come by anywhere around the Bay Area. The gun control advocates are slowly tightening the noose every year and one day in the not to distant future all guns will be basically outlawed. Watch out the rest of America -- if it happens here it can happen where you are too.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Could a kid take a .22 and go plinking in those woods? I bet 60 or more years ago, when I was a kid, he could and no one would have cared.
Today, such a fellow would likely be convicted of domestic terrorism and executed, if he managed to avoid being shot on sight...

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today, such a fellow would likely be convicted of domestic terrorism and executed, if he managed to avoid being shot on sight...
Only in California! Unless of course that individual was an illegal alien then he would be set free with a fresh new voter registration card and welfare benefits.

Tom

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Only in California! Unless of course that individual was an illegal alien then he would be set free with a fresh new voter registration card and welfare benefits.
And drivers license!

Literally, illegal aliens get more and better care than the citizens that have to pay for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts