TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Recently I've notice the forum pages take longer to load. Is it me or did something change?
Yes. There's a plugin attached to this BBS software that bogs down the browser. I use Linux with Firefox; and I can open up the Monitor and see "firefox plugin-container." I kill it, and things work normally for a moment - then the plugin reloads and it bogs down.

Just started this morning. Hopefully one of the geeks with the hosting company figures out what it was he screwed up, and kills it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
LT, Tried clearing history and reloading with no improvement.

JustPassinThru, that seems to make sense. The page paints quickly but you can't scroll or navigate for several seconds.

Thanks
Beeline

Registered
LT, Tried clearing history and reloading with no improvement.

JustPassinThru, that seems to make sense. The page paints quickly but you can't scroll or navigate for several seconds.

Thanks
Beeline
FWIW, I have AdBlock Plus, and it's not stopping it. So don't get your hopes up thinking an ad blocker will solve things.

There are other free browsers out there...you might try another and see if it works better.

Registered
For me browsers didn't make a difference when slow but Ubuntu or Mint were near instant with same browsers on the same laptop . And the old posts open with Linux unlike windows 10. I don't know why but at least I can reboot and read the old .

Super Moderator
Seems there's a lot of different browsers and even OSes involved here. Strangely, I don't see any of it using Chrome with the AdBlockPlus extension. Can each of you affected please post the following info:

1) OS you use
2) Browser
3) either a screencap of the ad (or plugin?) that's causing the delay, or the URL to it.
4) any other consistent factors you feel are contributing to it.

With that info, I can get either the IT guys or the ad guys to sort it out.

Registered
Seems there's a lot of different browsers and even OSes involved here. Strangely, I don't see any of it using Chrome with the AdBlockPlus extension. Can each of you affected please post the following info:

1) OS you use
2) Browser
3) either a screencap of the ad (or plugin?) that's causing the delay, or the URL to it.
4) any other consistent factors you feel are contributing to it.

With that info, I can get either the IT guys or the ad guys to sort it out.
I have Chromium (non-Google Chrome) on this machine; but I use it as my clean, secure browser. I ONLY use it on sensitive sites involving money or sensitive data - banks, credit-card companies, my company website, which I have to access periodically. I can't be just using it everywhere.

If I get hacked on this browser, nothing, no cookies, no links, would lead them to my bank or passwords. This browser is to waste time.

I'll have to try using another computer...I have four. Two with Linux, an iPad, and a conventional desktop with Windoze. I guess I can use the netbook's Chromium to surf here...if that's what it takes.

Registered
Win 10
IE
No ad Blocker. (It was causing huge issues with this site and a yuku site (CT90)

The initial page loads OK, but if I click on "Notifications" the pull-down drops, but it takes almost a full 30 seconds to get to that page.

And when I hit "Post Quick Reply" it takes quite some time to load again.

Administrator
hey all!

@Smitty : i would put IE in compatibility mode since it kind of has issues with most recent sites now a days.

@JustPassinThru: I have not even heard of that browser before. so its working with other browsers then?

@everyone: a lot of the issues brought up sound either "hardware acceleration" type issue, and issues with jogging down on shockwave/flash issues. If i could add to the troubleshoot and ask those with outdated flash to update, or remove completely due to incompatibility issues. this could help to resolve the issues possibly. Another task i would do is disk cleanup on your operating system end. temp files can also cache up, and should be deleted through the browser and on the computer end as well.

let me know if these work for you. Im loading fine, no ad blocker, and on firefox. so recreating the problem on this end has turned out unsuccessful.

~Shane

Super Moderator
hey all!

@Smitty : i would put IE in compatibility mode since it kind of has issues with most recent sites now a days.

@JustPassinThru: I have not even heard of that browser before. so its working with other browsers then?

@everyone: a lot of the issues brought up sound either "hardware acceleration" type issue, and issues with jogging down on shockwave/flash issues. If i could add to the troubleshoot and ask those with outdated flash to update, or remove completely due to incompatibility issues. this could help to resolve the issues possibly. Another task i would do is disk cleanup on your operating system end. temp files can also cache up, and should be deleted through the browser and on the computer end as well.

let me know if these work for you. Im loading fine, no ad blocker, and on firefox. so recreating the problem on this end has turned out unsuccessful.

~Shane
Thanks Shane for looking into this for us. :)

Super Moderator
I鈥檓 running Mozilla with Ad-Block with absolutely no issues.

Regularly use CCleaner for each session.

IE is an open hole into your system 鈥 a hackers dream 鈥 your choice 鈥︹

Registered
I鈥檓 running Mozilla with Ad-Block with absolutely no issues.

Regularly use CCleaner for each session.

IE is an open hole into your system 鈥 a hackers dream 鈥 your choice 鈥︹
This is good advise! If you are new to Ccleaner, make sure to take the check out of the box for / that will "Empty Recycle Bin", UNLESS you would like it to perform that task for you. It's a good free program, make sure to download it directly from the official web site. m.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts